Wednesday, 16 August 2017

Distress Oxides, Kraft card and Luminarte H2O's ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. Over the weekend I moved on from playing with Distress Oxides and white card to Distress Oxides and Kraft card. OMGee I’m besotted! I had no idea I’d be able to create backgrounds and toppers like this! This deep rich lush patina is one of my favourite colours ever and here is what I have to share with you today …

I created a 150mm square card
Lots of lovely texture and depth
Lots of yummy layers of Doxides and Luminarte H2O's: yummy!
The difference between adding Doxides to white or Kraft is obvious.  
Kraft is the two base layers, the butterfly and flowers were white card.
However isn't this butterfly beautiful!!  It's a Pete Hughes design
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges


Creative Artiste Challenge #29 Mixed Media Anything Goes

Die-Cut-Diva’s Challenge August Anything Goes
Emerald Creek Dares August Challenge Anything Goes
Frilly & Funkie Challenge On the Cutting Edge: use your dies or die to create your project.  This is my first time using this beautiful die which was part of my birthday present this year and it’s so very beautiful!

Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge


Mix It Up Challenge Blog 
MIUCB#3 Anything Goes optional Distressing


 
Mixed Media World Challenge MMW#28 Mood board
I was inspired in particular by the beautiful colours on the peacock feathers, the flowers and the sky


Scrapy Land Challenge #72 Anything Goes: Sizzix die


I decided to experiment with reject Kraft card from the wedding stationery. Our printer was not happy printing directly onto the card but we only found this out after hubby printed a couple, doing another test print before printing all of them. I grabbed the rejects for two reasons, lol, the first is that I wanted to see how the Doxides react on Kraft card and, to put it simply, I’m very tight where card and paper is concerned. My hubby and I were greenies before it was fashionable to recycle and we’ve done so for many years. The one thing I don’t like to recycle is my card stock. So if there is a teeny tiny chance that I can recycle it I do lol!

I applied multiple layers of Distress re-inker to the Kraft card and I thoroughly dried in between each layer before adding another. I then stamped the flowers onto the coloured Kraft card but they were hard to see so I grabbed some snippets of white card and stamped the flowers onto those and I coloured those with Luminarte H2O watercolour paints. Once dry I fussy cut them and decoupaged over the Kraft stamped flowers. I didn’t add loads of water to the H2O’s before painting the flowers and that’s why they are so rich in colour.

Once my backgrounds were dry I added Gold H2O splatters and added the colour to the edges too. The beautiful butterfly die is a new purchase, I managed to grab a couple of new dies in the summer sales and I die cut that from watercolour snippets and coloured it with H2Os. I adhered one of my panels to a card and then roughened up the edges of the stamped flowers panel before adhering that to the card too. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Sizzix Rare Butterfly die, designed by Pete Hughes
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; spray bottle of water

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Snippets: Kraft card; white card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Re-inkers: Blue China; Weathered Wood; Cracked Pistachio; Worn Lipstick; Fossilised Amber
Luminarte H2O watercolour paints: gold; orange; pink; red
Versamark IP: Black
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Collall 3D glue


18 comments:

Ina G said...

What an amazing creation you have here. So much yummyness! Love all the shimmer you got here. Gorgeous colour combinations. Love it. Thanks for sharing this with us at Mix It Up Challenge.

Sherrie K. said...

Amazing card!! The color mix is so beautiful and I LOVE the flowers and whimsical butterfly! The dimension is outstanding!! Such a fabulous design and so glad you joined us in the challenge at Scrapy Land! Hope to see you again!
Have a great day!
Sherrie K
Scrapy Land DT Member

Di said...

Absolutely gorgeous Karen! Must try DOX inks on kraft.

Hugs

Di xx

Cara said...

Stunning card. I do love distress oxides on kraft card, they are just yummy aren't they x

k.m.meena Herale said...

Beautiful card,
Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena HLS WC DT

Team Clark said...

Such awesome artistic layers here Karen! I just love this and spied it right away in the SL lineup! Thank you for sharing and catching my eye with this awesome inspiration today. Big hugs, Autumn

Craftychris said...

Wow! This is a stunning card! Love the Oxides on the Kraft and your whole project has so much yummy colour and shine, love it! xxx

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful watercoloring with your DOX inks Karen - love the layering of the flowers and butterfly as well - thank you for joining us in the A Vintage Journey watercolor challenge! Julia xx

FIona Kenward said...

Loving how you've used these oxides, Thanks for playing along with us over at http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

Sara Barker said...

Karen, this is beautiful, and a new favorite of mine coming from your talented hands! I love the shimmer and that wonderful butterfly! Thank you for sharing in our On the Cutting Edge challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

Sara Barker said...

PS And while I'm here, thank you for entering Scrapy Land's Anything Goes challenge! Hugs!

Sara Barker said...

Oh! And in A Vintage Journey's Water Color challenge! Oh, this is gorgeous!

Annie said...

Love the opulent colours of your stunning project Karen and the flowers and butterfly are the perfect additions. Great to have you on board with us at A Vintage journey this month

Best wishes
Annie xx

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous creation and don't you just love oxide inks?
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.
Hugs
Carol x

Arlene said...

Beautiful card "work of art". So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

A Pink said...

A Wonderful card, Karen using you DOX with Kraft Card. Love the patina effect and the cone head flower stamp is one of my faves . Love the cone head on the white - gives a lovely sense of being caught in the sunlight . Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey .
Amanda x

Jenny Marples said...

This is gorgeous! All that shimmer and beautiful colour is delicious and you've created a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

Инна Бронникова said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!
Thanks for sharing with us at Mixed Media World!