Friday, 5 January 2018
Winter tag ...
Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I still have several, ahem, backgrounds ready and waiting to be used so I decided to whip up a tag and have a blitz on the snippet piles at the same time and here is the end result …
I seem to have a deer obsession!
I definitely need more deer stamps lol!
All the details
It's so cute!
A final look
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Country View Crafts Challenge Anything Goes
Jingle Belles Rock Challenge Look What Santa Bought Me: the deer stamp set
The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #44: the deer stamp
To be honest I have a lot of small and large background snippets, die cuts, stamped images etc all ready and waiting to be used so I decided before creating something new I should use some of what was waiting to be used, if that makes sense.
1. I cut the background into a tag. I think the background is the last of an A4 piece of white card which I coloured using a Finnabair stencil and Finnabair paints a couple of months ago.
2. I used the snowflake stamp that came with an issue of Craft Stamper magazine and Distress ink to add detail to the background.
3. The skates were already coloured and glued together so I glued them onto the tag.
4. I stamped the beautiful deer onto a snippet of white card using Distress Oxide ink pad, dried with my heat tool and fussy cut that.
5. I adhered the deer onto the tag with a wet glue and left that to dry.
6. I adhered the skates using fun foam on the back so that they are lifted from the tag and give it lovely depth.
7. The top of the tag was looking bare so I die cut the branch and flowers from lots of little snippets and glued them in position, there were flowers in my next door neighbours garden still blooming here over Christmas!
8. The final step was to add lots of lovely iciness and I used the texture paste around all the edges of the tag.
The deer stamp is another new stamp and I really love that, I know it’s going to be used a lot by me over the years, you all know how much I love making landscapes so it’s going to be very useful. Because parts of this tag were already created the stamping and embellishing was simples, quick and fun with the bonus that I have used some snippets and more background pieces too. I’m surprised to be saying this but this is my first 2018 Christmas project, a mixed media tag for next Christmas lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x
Stamp &/ Stencil:
Prima Finnabair 6.25” x 10.25” Harlequin stencil
Craft Consortium Winter Woodland stamp set
Craft Stamper magazine snowflake stamp
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Tim Holtz: small Tattered Florals die set; Bigz Skates die
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; palette knife; make up sponge
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Prima Finnabair: Art Alchemy Metallique Emerald acrylic paint
Distress Oxide ink pads: Faded Jeans; Vintage Photo; Walnut Stain; Cracked Pistachio
Distress paint: Platinum
DecoArt mixed media fluid: Buff
Cosmic Shimmer texture paste
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape