Wednesday, 4 October 2017

Shades of purple ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I really wanted to create a few tags this month and luckily for me they fit quite a few challenges too! Here is the first one I’ve created …

 
I do love creating these large chubby tags with all that depth & texture
All the yummy detals
My favourite butterfly and flower stamp
This beautiful flower
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Butterfly Challenge #86 Any Shape & Quartz

I have to say I’m somewhat surprised that it’s the beginning of October already! It feels like I only just got to the beginning of September and I turned around and it’s the beginning of another month again! I am dreading the C word because I know it’s going to be arriving to our TV screens soon. Grr, anyway forgive my grumpiness, I’m here because I created a tag using the colours at Paperbabes Stamp Challenge. Beautiful shades of soft green and lavender through to purple and I’m in my element lol! The piece at the bottom was created using my gorgeous new Finnabair stencil (thank you so much Craft Stamper)! I applied Ranger matt transparent texture paste through the stencil to A4 white card and once that was dry was coloured with purple Brusho Watercolour Crystals.

Everything else was created with white card snippets, lots and lots of lovely snippets which have been breeding! I decided not to add any further details as I’m pretty sure everyone out there knows how I did this and what I used. If you ever have any questions just ask I’m happy to do a tutorial or two lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Paperbabe Pieridae stamp set
Stencil:
Prima Elementals 7” x 9” Chicken Wire
Flower stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Jumbo Tattered Floral die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; spray bottle of water; palette knife

Supplies
Card Paper:
Snippets: Prima watercolour paper; Sheena Douglass white stamping card; patterned paper snippets
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress Re-inkers: Faded Jeans; Cracked Pistachio; Wilted Violet
Finnabair Art Alchemy Opal Magic paint: Rose Gold
Brusho Watercolour Crystals: Purple; Yellow
Luminarte H2O watercolour paints: purple
Black Versafine ink pad
Pebeo acrylic paints
Embellishments:
Half pearl; chipboard branch and leaves; spiral stem all from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Ranger transparent matte texture paste
DecoArt sand texture paste
Viva Decor Inka Gold Rose Quartz
Collall all purpose glue
Collall glue gel
Washi tape

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow, this is a beautiful tag Karen! I love the shades of purple and those gorgeous butterflies. Lots of texture and 3D pops to your flowers and butterflies, just stunning. Hugs, Brenda

Team Clark said...

I just love how you used these fabulous stamps. What a fantastic collage! You are always an inspiration to me. Hugs, Autumn

Mrs A. said...

I love your wonderfully coloured tag. Full of such a lot to look at and admire. I'm still seeing some beautiful butterflies here in the garden. Big ones too. Keep checking my fuchsia bush as well in case a Hawk Moth caterpillar takes a shine to it. Thankyou for fluttering into the garden. Hugs Mrs A.

Cara said...

Fabulous tag x

Team Clark said...

PS. We are so happy you joined my Use Your Stamps challenge at Frilly & Funkie. Big hugs, Autumn

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful floral tag! Love the dimensional butterflies and lovely flowers. Thanks for playing along with the frilly and funkie challenge "Show Us Your Stamps"!

Diana said...

i am popping in from Mixed Media Monthly to check out your creation! i too am a huge fan of that stamp set and you've done it great justice!! beautiful tag!