Sunday, 10 September 2017

Stars #2 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. I’m back with a second post tonight because as I mentioned in the last one I really wanted to make sure I entered several challenges, lol, before they run out …

 
I created a card this time
All the inky details
You can see some of the sparkle and depth
A final look, I propped the card up so that the shimmer was visible

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge TIMI September Anything Goes
Emerald Creek Dares September: Celebrate Canada
I’ve been looking at photographs of Canada and especially the night skies. I have quite a few photographs of Canada on this Pinterest board and now I want to go to Canada even more lol!
Mixed Media World Challenge 
MMW#29 Anything Goes


Scrapy Land Challenge #73 Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge 
Stamptember Stamp It: no digi’s
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge 
Stamptember Stamp It: no digi’s 


Once again an awful lot of paint layers were added to the background and Perfect Pearls were heavily used to create that cold metallic look of a star, well that’s how I imagine it lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Simon Says Stamp: SSS101640 Seeing Stars
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus
Whimsy Stamps Sentimentables: Birthday die set
Die-Versions Nesting Stitched Die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; anti static pad; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; spray bottle of water; ink blending tool & foam

Supplies
Card Paper:
DL Card
Snippets: Watercolour card; Black Card; Kraft card for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Brusho Watercolour Crystals: Turquoise; Blue; Leaf Green; Rose Red
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Icicle Creek: Primrose Gold
Perfect Pearls: Blue Patina; Heirloom Gold; Perfect Gold; Forever Green
Momento IP: black
Emerald Creek Dares EP: Northern Lights
WOW EP: lime green; pink; red; white
Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP
Collall Glue Gel
Collall dries clear

6 comments:

Barbara Schiassi said...

Absolutely love this card! It's fantastic, rich colors are incredible and design perfect! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

Craftychris said...

Fabulous card! Gorgeous colours and I love stars! xxx

Cara said...

Another stunning project x

Teresa Kline said...

hello karen! awesome background, luv the design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

k.m.meena Herale said...

Stunning card, love the background, Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena HLS WC DT

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely card and I love your bold colours.
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will play along with us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x