Sunday, 10 September 2017

Stars #1 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. I really wanted to join in the celebrations over at Simon Says Stamp so I’ve spent the weekend getting very mucky fingers but oh my I love the projects I am going to share with you tonight and here is the first one …

 
A galaxy inspired tag, so much paint and ink!

All the inky details
You can see some of the sparkle and shine when it's tilted
That's my favourite bit, where you can see all the layers
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
A Inky Mess Challenge #1Anything Goes
TIMI September Anything Goes

Emerald Creek Dares September: Celebrate Canada
I’ve been looking at photographs of Canada and especially the night skies  I’ve got a lot of photographs of Canada on this  Pinterest board and now I want to go to Canada more than ever!!


MMW#29 Anything Goes

Stamptember Stamp It: no digi’s allowed
Stamptember Stamp It: no digi’s allowed


It took some time and a lot of layers of watercolour, Perfect Pearls and quite a few squirts of my Lindy’s Stamp Gang spray to create the background on this tag and yes my fingers were really mucky once I finished. I knew what I wanted to create and I really hoped I could lol! I used very good quality watercolour paper because of the amount of water and paint and inks that I would be adding. If anyone would like a tutorial I’d be happy to do one at some point in the next week or two.

I have to go now because I have another post to write, wanted get another entry into the challenge before it closes. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Simon Says Stamp: SSS101640 Seeing Stars
Stencil:
Craftwork Cards tag template
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; anti static pad; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; spray bottle of water; ink blending tool & foam

Supplies
Card Paper:
Watercolour card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Brusho Watercolour Crystals: Turquoise; Blue; Leaf Green; Rose Red
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Icicle Creek: Primrose Gold
Perfect Pearls: Blue Patina; Heirloom Gold; Perfect Gold
Momento IP: black
Emerald Creek Dares EP: Northern Lights
WOW EP: lime green; pink; red; white
Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP



7 comments:

Craftychris said...

This is a beautiful tag! xxx

Cara said...

Love your galaxy sky x

Jo Nevill said...

Out of this World !!
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Rema said...

Awesome background!Thanks for playing along with us at HLS Watercolour Challenge.

Kelly Szafron said...

Very pretty shimmery tag! Thank you for sharing it at HLS Watercolour Challenge.

Linda said...

Gorgeous tag ..... love that background. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Melissa L. said...

Gorgeous background, Karen. Thanks for playing along at HLS WC Challenge for September.