Wednesday, 13 September 2017

Farewell to Summer #2 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. Today I have the second part of my comparison with acrylic paints card to share with you. Luckily we always need male birthday cards so although I’ve used red which looks pink and peach I think I can get away with sending this birthday card to one of the male relatives and here it is …

  
Another male birthday card: yay!
The acrylic paint and inked details
I opened my bag of Tim Holt ideology!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges


As I said yesterday I wanted to play with my acrylic paints and compare the two different looks to see which I preferred and I am so glad I did or else I would have carried on painting like I had before. Once I stamped the boys I coloured around them with heavily watered down acrylic paint and left to dry. Once it was dry I coloured the boys with acrylic paints and this time I didn’t dilute them so much and consequently they grab your eye. I used Luminarte H2O water colours to coloured the watercolour card.

I’m hoping that having worked this one out that I will feel more and more confident with acrylics from here on out. When I spoke to hubby about this he wasn’t surprised that I admitted I was still trying to get it right. He told me that I don’t give up when learning and it’s one of those things he admires about me because I don’t give up and that is what makes me me lol! At least he was nice about it and didn’t call me stubborn which I know I am because I refuse to backdown when I want to learn and improve. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Rubber Dance Art Stamps Retro Beach set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Winnie & Walter happy die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Watercolour card (the background)
Craft UK 145mm square card blank
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Ranger Sepia Archival IP
DecoArt Mixed Media Fluid: Primary Cyan; Titan Buff; Primary Magenta; Primary Yellow
Embellishments:
Tim Holtz idea-ology: Thrift Shop set
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam

7 comments:

Susanne Rose Rubber Dance Stamps said...

WOW! This one is also great!!! Thanks for using our Retro Beach stamps again! I love the layout of this card! Thank you for joining our Colour Challenge at Rubber Dance. xx Susanne.

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Oooh I love this card, the colours are just perfect Karen
Thanks for joining us at the Rubber Dance blog
hugs
Donna xx

craftysahmiam said...

Thank you for sharing your beachy fun masculine card with us at Love To Craft

Cara said...

Love the use of panels on this x

Loose Stitches said...

Great male card, love the colors! Thank you for sharing with us over at Love To Scrap! Hope to see you again!
Sherry x - DT for Love To Scrap
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads – My personal Blog

Loose Stitches said...

Again, a great male card! Thank you for sharing with us over at Love To Craft! Hope to see you again!
Sherry x - DT for Love To Craft
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads – My personal Blog

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and would certainly be perfect for a male birthday-love the price tags---Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap
Carol DT x