Tuesday, 12 September 2017

Farewell to summer #1 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I’ve been experimenting this time with acrylic paints again. Today’s card shows how using the paint with a lot less water looks and here is my card …

   
A male birthday card for family members
All the lovely ink & paint
I love the sky - such beautiful paints
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #432 use at least two patterned papers 
Cuttlebug Mania Challenge 
Anything Goes with Die Cuts &/ Embossing
Die-Cut-Diva’s Challenge September Masculine



Love to Craft Challenge LTCCB#14 September Anything Goes




When I saw the colour palette over at Rubber Dance Art Stamps I knew exactly what stamps I wanted to use and what look I was going to try to capture. Well that ‘look’ thing evolved a bit, in that I decided to use my acrylic paints much neater than I had previously. And that is why I’m sharing this card today. I have to admit I’ve been not been surprised by the result but it was worth me experimenting.

I used Kraft card for my acrylic painted and then stamped layer, again because I wanted to see the difference between Kraft and white card. This time it has turned out that I love the Kraft card with the neater acrylic paints. I love my rich colours, as you all know so that bit wasn’t a surprise. It was the using them on Kraft card that surprised me lol! Anyways I have some more projects to finish but I will be back tomorrow with the second version of this card. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Rubber Dance Art Stamps Retro Beach set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Winnie & Walter happy die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Craft UK 145mm square card blank
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Ranger Sepia Archival IP
DecoArt Mixed Media Fluid: Primary Cyan; Titan Buff; Primary Magenta; Primary Yellow
Embellishments:
Tim Holtz idea-ology: Thrift Shop set
Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam


13 comments:

Macimbalo said...

Such pretty colors and love that word die cut! Thanks so much for linking this up at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies Challenge!

brenda said...

A great way to use your DP's Karen and what a lovely seaside scene as well, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

debby4000 said...

Lovely seaside themed card love all the details.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Cara said...

Your card has a lovely vintage vibe to it, hope you're keeping well x

susiestacey said...

Great card and lovely colours.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Susanne Rose Rubber Dance Stamps said...

What a wonderful card!!! Thank you for using our Retro Beach stamps. I love all the details, it's brilliant. Thank you for joining our Colour Challenge at Rubber Dance. xx Susanne.

Arlene said...

Fun guy card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Monica Maier said...

Love the water color look and the colors on the die cut word! Thanks for playing along with us Die Cut Diva's

ionabunny said...

Very pretty and great effect with the kraft base. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Karen,
I love how you have used the colours so beautifully on this! It really has that beachy feel to it with the wash of colours.
Thank you for joining us at Rubber Dance for the colour challenge.
Dot x

Ann Chuang said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Love To Craft Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!!
HUGS!
Ann DT
http://anncard.blogspot.tw

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

such a wonderful array of elements, colors and mediums. Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers September Anything Goes With Dies Challenge!

Irena Stefanova said...

Beautiful card!
Thank you for joining us at "Love To Scrap Blog Challenge". Best of luck with your entry and please do join us again very soon.

Irena DT member for LTSCB