Thursday, 10 August 2017

August Mixed Media Tag #1 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I’m still playing with my Distress Oxides but this time I also included new stamps and a new die too. I enjoyed creating this tag and it actually turned out better than I dared to hope when I had to alter the original idea, lol! I wish that would happen more often and here it is …

A chubby tag of course!
I love the side view of this!
All the yummy details
I love the distressed font on this set of stamps
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #420 Colours of your flag: red, white & blue 
Butterfly Challenge #84 Y for you choose &/ the colour Wedge Wood Blue the Y is for You: I need to remember to follow my mad ideas sometimes! 
Cardz TV Challenge Cards Crazy Crafters Anything Goes #7



As requested I’m trying to write my posts in a more orderly way so that it is easier for you lovely peeps yes I know I ramble a lot, honestly I know I do!

1. I attached my Viva Decor stencil to a piece of Sheena stamping card and applied Distress Oxides through the stencil using an ink blending tool and foam.

2. I dried the inks then sprayed with water and I added droplets of water. I added a piece of kitchen towel to mop up the inks because I wanted to create a soft pastel background. Once I was happy with the look I used my heat gun to make sure the inks were completely dry.

3. I used the butterfly die on the card because I hadn’t realised how it works, lol! You can lift the butterfly wings up and leave the body of the butterfly attached to the base layer.

4. As I realised how this die works I decided to die cut the butterfly twice because the idea of a tag with windows through the butterfly wings appealed to me. That and the fact that I have a lot of card I’ve coloured with Distress or Distress Oxides inks. I didn’t stamp the butterfly at this point.

5. I traced around my chubby tag template and cut it out. I didn’t cut the top right butterfly wing off as I wanted to make sure it was still attached.

6. I stamped the ‘Beautiful’ sentiment three times with Distress ink and I dried the ink with my heat tool.

7. I attached the Stamplorations stencil with Washi tape and applied sand texture paste firstly on one end and then the other. I left that to dry overnight.

8. I stamped the butterfly onto another snippet of card and used the outer die to cut out the butterfly out. I did have to fussy cut a little to free up the butterfly and I know I’ll use this stamp and die a little differently in future but I do love how this tag turned out.


Please forgive my current lack of visits to anyone’s blog. We have projects on the go in the house, the garden and the craft room which means I am frazzled right now and very grateful I got my posts ready earlier in the week but I am hoping to return to more measured soon! Also thank you all so much for the positive feed back on my Fiskarettes posts, I am deeply touched and honoured by your lovely comments.

I was very lucky to win the beautiful Tonic butterfly stamp and die set from our lovely Mrs A’s Butterfly challenge because I used both of the prompts the random linky tool picked me lol! Thank you very much Mrs A I love, love, love my new stamp and die! Back when it was my birthday a very sweet friend mailed a birthday card with a set of Stamplorations Stamps inside. That set of stamps could not have been a more perfect gift for me because they’re going to get a lot of use in my journal and in my mixed media projects. So a huge thanks goes out to both of these lovely ladies, the second lady you know who you are but I don’t want to spill the beans so to speak! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Tonic Studios Butterfly Laura Rococo Die and Stamp set (pack of 3)
Stamplorations Stamps Bold Sentiments: Hashtag Authentic stamp set
Stencil:
Viva Decor #08 Flowers and Music 29 cm square stencil
Stamplorations Stamps Artplorations: Bloom Silhouette stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Tonic Studios die above
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; Distress water bottle; palette knife; ink blending tool and foam; Craftwork Cards tag template

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress Oxide ink pads: Broken China; Weathered Wood; Worn Lipstick; Fired Brick
Adhesives/Mediums:
DecoArt Sand Texture Gel
Collall all purpose glue
Washi tape

11 comments:

Sara Barker said...

Karen, this is a real beauty! I love that stenciled background and those delicate butterflies! You are a lean, mean crafting machine, even with so much going on at home! Looks like you've been getting some wonderful happy mail, too! Congratulations on your win!

While I'm here, I want to thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land! Hugs!

Cara said...

This is just lovely, the butterflies are fabulous. I hope you're pacing yourself with all the work going on and not overdoing it x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Beautiful tag. The colors are dreamy, and the assortment of dies and stamps and stencils and texture make it very rich. Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers August Anything Goes With Dies Challenge.

Brenda said...

Beautiful tag Karen! I do so love that butterfly and the soft colors you used. Hugs, Brenda

Mervi said...

Fabulous and lovely tag Karen.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Macimbalo said...

Such a gorgeous tag! Thanks for joining us at HLS ATG w/ Dies August Challenge!

Arlene said...

Wonderful soft colors. Lovely tag. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the layers and the details!! The colors are fabulous!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Angelnorth said...

Really lovely effect with the butterfly wings, fab tag! Thanks for stopping by my blog with the shimming suggestion on my Merry Christmas die - like you, I found that shimming was the only way to get it to cut cleanly but it ended up firmly wedged in the die as a result! I'm yet to have another play with it to see if I can do better.

Jenny Colacicco said...

Oh my goodness this is stunning. So soft and pretty!! Thank you so much for joining us at the HLS Watercolor challenge. Jenny x

Cathie Borowski said...

I love how all your elements come together on your tags, brillant. Thank you for joining the Anything Goes Challenge over at Diecut Divas. Cathie DT