Saturday, 24 June 2017

Under the Sea ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and you have lovely weekend plans. I wanted to play with some awesome new toys that I was lucky enough to win, don’t you just love that type of crafty goodies lol?! So I managed to play a little this week with the new goodies and I was able to shrink my snippets pile too and here is the end result …

Another chubby tag: I'm loving feeling creative this month!
You can see the lovely texture and depth from the beads
All the yummy details
I'm sure we had a fish like that once, called Goldie!
A final look


Created for me and especially for these Challenges
A Inky Mess Challenge #11 Anything Mixed Media Goes


 
Love to Create Challenge #12 MM Anything Goes

MMW#26 Anything Goes

Mix It Up Challenge Blog #2 Anything Goes optional stamping
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Let’s go on vacation:
warm seas, lovely fishes, mild sun: I’m there in my dreams lol!


For my base layer I used a piece of card that I had spilt alcohol inks onto when I was avidly playing with those. Then I grabbed a piece of pre-gessoed card and stamped the fish in position. I stamped the fish in position and then added paper masks to them before colouring the background with left over alcohol ink that were on the felt pieces from when I was heavily experimenting a lot with alcohol inks. Once I had the blue ocean coloured I added colour to the bottom layer using a pale lime green. Then I coloured the stamped fish with my Spectrum Aqua pens.

I felt it was missing something at this point so I used a stencil to add details to the water at the top. I still felt something was missing and as I recently located my big box of beads (I used to create jewellery) and I wondered if I could use them mixed with gesso to add texture to any of my mixed media projects. I tried my idea out and now I have air bubbles coming from the mouths of the fishes: awesome result and another old supply I can now use up! Once the beads with gesso were dry I dripped a little alcohol ink onto them and I added another layer of colour to the top of the ocean using the Splash stencil again, it is obvious there is more than one layer of colour there.

I then used one of the lovely chipboard pieces I was lucky enough to win from Creative Embellishments in May. I coloured my turtle with black gesso and then used my Pebeo Dyna iridescent paints to colour him: simples! It was fun and it was good to find a use for an old crafty material. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
CM-S5 Cardinalfish Designs by Ryn stamp
Stencil:
Tim Holtz Splash layering stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; brayer; palette knife; ink blending tool; felt pads

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Orange Zest Staz On ink pad
Spectrum Aqua: Nature set
Pebeo Dyna Iridescent: Blue/Black; Green/Yellow
Ranger alcohol inks: Stonewash; Stream; Lettuce; Meadow
Embellishments:
Creative Embellishments Chipboard Laser Cut: Turtle
Beads from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Pebeo Black Gesso
The Works White Gesso
Pebeo Matt Medium
Collall all purpose glue

11 comments:

Marci Bensing said...

Hello! This is a beauty! Thanks for joining us at CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS!

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous! Love all the colours! xxx

Kath Stewart said...

your tag is beautiful Karen...love the dimension and texture you created and that turtle is amazing...thank you for sharing at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Karen, absolutely gorgeous, fabulous underwater scene, lovely detail and colours, Kate x

Cara said...

Lovely tag, the turtle is fabulous!

Maggi said...

Awesome tag with great stamping. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Creative Embellishments.

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Karen. Thanks for sharing your chubby tag with me :) I like the orange and blue colour combination you used. Feels like summer! Wishing you lots more fun creating!

LisaM said...

Gorgeous tag! Love the addition of the beads, so cool! Thanks for joining us at Creative Embellishments!

France Ringuette said...

Fabulous job on that turtle, great project overall, thanks for joining our Creative Emebllishments challenge

Doris Widder said...

Wonderful project! Love how you altered your turtle piece, accentuating the etched details and giving it additional texture! Beautifully done! Thanks for playing along with the Creative Embellishments June Challenge!

Leslie said...

What a wonderful project! Love all the detail! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Mix It Up Challenge Blog's "Anything Goes + Stamping" challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, MIUCB DT
Love To Scrap 2
Love To Scrap!