Sunday, 11 June 2017

May Mixed Media Journal ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. I am mortified that I actually forgot to post this, lol! I had created it and put it to one side to photograph and then post but I got distracted, lol! I’m posting this to remind me that I did do this in May but I forgot to post the page then, lol! Here it is …

I created an A4 journal page for a change
The birds are a little bubbly as I was trying too hurry the drying process!
It's very shiney!
A final look


I recently realised that one of the things I don’t do very often and that is completely out of my comfort range is to use black as a base when starting a project. Once I realised that I had to immediately rectify it. So I grabbed my NBUS DecoArt stencil and my Pebeo Dyna Iridescent paints and had a lovely de-stressing play session.

I have to admit that my this journal page was nice and easy to create and was really quick too. I’m hoping to copy this one but next time take my time and play with some texture paste and add some stamping too. But for a jump off point it was really worth doing it. I do love that when I create one thing because I’ve had an idea it regularly inspires me to try it again but in different mediums or different colours, it’s so very good to be so easily inspired sometimes lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stencil:
DecoArt Americana 30cm square Feathered Friends stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; ink blending foam

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion black matt card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Pebeo Dyna Iridescent: Blue/Black; Green/Blue; Violet/Blue; Green/Yellow; Blue/Green
Adhesives/Mediums:
Washi tape

2 comments:

Cara said...

Beautiful page, love your colour choices. The birds aren't blobby, they just have texture!

Sara Barker said...

Hi, Karen! It's been too long since I've been by your blog. I've been bad and haven't been doing much blog surfing! I'm so happy to be visiting today, because this is a stunning journal page! I love the deep, rich colors and your design really speaks to me! Sending hugs!