Wednesday, 28 June 2017

A new stencil ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, happy hump day to you all! I hope your week is going well. I’ve been playing with my Distress Oxides, or as I call them Doxides, and a beautiful new stencil I recently purchased and here is the end result …

I'm happy I managed to keep this one CAS for a change
Posting won't be an issue either
All the yummy details
The stencil up close and stamped butterflies
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Colour Crazy Craft Challenge #25 Anything Goes
Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #50 Anything Goes
That’s Crafty Challenge Clean and Simple


I’ve been trying to locate this particular stencil for at least two years, lol. I had seen it used somewhere, can’t remember where, and I completely fell in love with it. I really needed it but I couldn’t find it anywhere at the time and so eventually forgot about it. That was until I was purchasing a couple of other items, not paper craft, not mixed media and not card making when I found it for sale. I was so happy to find it and I purchased it immediately in case I couldn’t find it again. So I’ve been playing with this stencil whilst stuck on the sofa (back is bad right now) and so far I’ve at least four large backgrounds created with it. I’ve been comparing the using Distress Oxides, Distress inks and watercolours to see how they each look. It’s been a very timely exercise where my back is concerned lol! Finally over the weekend I was able to sit at my desk for about ten minutes which is why I’m able to share a card today. Luckily for me I was in the mood to create CAS cards as my back wouldn’t allow me to sit at my desk for long lol!


I know that CAS won’t last too long, it never does, lol. My mixed media genes are crying out for me to play but I’m not able to right now. Once I can I will scratch my itch and share my experiments and progress with you. I have to say I’ve loved seeing the difference between Distress v Oxide v watercolour: it’s gorgeous that so many different looks can be achieved just by changing the colouring medium. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Paperbabe Pieridae stamp set
Stencil:
Viva Decor #08 Flowers & Music 29cm square stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; Distress spray bottle; mini ink blending tool & foam

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
15 cm square Craft UK card & envelope
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card (for the butterflies)
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress ink pads: Peacock Feathers & Picked Raspberry (for stamping the butterflies)
Doxide ink pads: Tumbled Glass & Worn Lipstick
Embellishments:
The Hobby House pearls
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape

8 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A delightful CAS card displaying your Kaleidoscope of Butterflies Karen. Thank you for taking time to join in with the That's Crafty *Keep it Simple* Blog Challenge.. Tracey x

Cara said...

Glad you finally tracked down that stencil! Love the colours through it. I hope your back eases up soon x

Kylie said...

Gorgeous, Karen. I love that stencil and the cute butterflies surrounding it. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous, love how you have used the stencil and die cuts
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card Karen...love that stencilled background...it's obvious you are having lots of fun with your Doxides...thank you for sharing at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

Jane Proffitt said...

Very pretty card. Love the colors you have used. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Colour Crazy Challenge blog. Good luck!

Jane DT for  https://colour Crazy Challenge.blogspot.de

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

This is a wonderful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Greetings Carola

SARN said...

WOW - love the colours and love the CAS-ness! COOOOOL!

Glad you found the stencil that your heart desired.

Hugs, Sarn xxx