Monday, 10 April 2017

More flower stamps ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was a good one, they go by so quickly, too quickly! I've been trying to improve my colouring and especially my colouring using water colours and although this time isn't as good as I know my mum loved this card …

This was an A5 card
It has some depth which I love
All they yummy details
Pink and green always works well!
I'm in love with my new mixed media flower dies, I will used them a lot!
 
A very pretty butterfly die that looks pink and green but is purple and green
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 

Creatalicious Challenge #112 Anything Goes optional Flowers

 

Noor Design Challenge April Flowers
Scrapy Land Challenge #63 Anything Goes
I used Crafters Companion dies
Congrats Simon Says Stamps on your 8th Birthday and I used your stamps today!!
Simon Says Stamps March Work It Wednesday Challenge: Spring 
Yellow, green and pink flowers it's an ideal spring card! 
The Ribbon Girl Challenge April card challenge


As for the watercolouring I know it will improve again with practice but I was in a rush to get this card in the post so I'm sure you can forgive me for the not so perfect colouring. I have multiple things happening at the moment so I'm not getting the time I like to craft, it's been a little rushed, but I'm hoping it will settle down a lot now. I use some of my older dies and newer ones were used with this Simon Says Stamp stamp set. It's my favourite SSS set, so far, lol, I have one more still to be played with. I stamped the flowers using my Spectrum Aqua pens to ink up the stamps and then used a damp paintbrush to drag the colour out. That's where I am having issues because I'm using the brush when it's too wet still. I'm struggling with the balance lol!

Believe me when I say I'm trying not to be so hard on myself but it's a never easy for me, as I guess it isn't for all of you either. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Simon Says Stamp SSS101595 Spring Flowers
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Butterfly Lullaby: With Love
Crafters Companion Leonie Pujol Mixed Media Collection: Floral Bursts
Butterfly die from a magazine
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Snippets: patterned paper, card for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Nature & Primary Spectrum Aqua pen sets
Clear Overlay Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen
Embellishments:
Organza ribbon from my stash
Wild Orchid Crafts flower
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam


9 comments:

Cara said...

Lovely card, I think your watercolouring looks great. Cara x

Tracy Freeman said...

|Hey my lovely, how are you doing ?
This looks lovely and i think you are doing fantastic with your watercoloring.
Sending lots of hugs xxx

Brenda said...

OMGosh, this is just beautiful Karen!!! I love all the pink on it. lol Yes, I'm a pink gal. That background is beautiful and I adore that butterfly. I can see why your mum loved this card too!!! Hugs, Brenda

Sara Barker said...

Karen, This is a beautiful card, so full of spring colors and flowers! Your water colored blooms are so pretty! Well done, you! Thank you for sharing this with us at Scrapy Land, too! Hugs!

Teresa Kline said...

hello! this is adorable., luv the colors and details! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Janine - Ellabella said...

Wonderful work, love the flowers :) Thank you for joining us for our challenge at CARDS UND MORE SHOPBLOG
DT Janine

Amy Seigler said...

Beautiful card! Love the flowers and colors! Thanks for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies!

Alexandra said...

Such a beautiful card ! Thank you for joining Cards und More challenge !
DT Alexandra

Rema said...

Awesome card! Thanks for playing along with us at the HLS Water Color Challenge.