Tuesday, 18 April 2017

April Mixed Media Tag #1 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your Easter was lovely and you've had a nice gentle start to this week too. I sat down at the weekend to make my first April Mixed Media Tag and here it is …

It's my first April MM Chubby Tag!
I got some lovely depth on the paste and extra's
All the yummy details
I love the depth on the texture paste: yummy!
The stencilled and stamped details
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Creative Artiste Challenge #25 Anything Mixed Media Goes

Emerald Creek Dares Challenge Double Duty I love this challenge!
Stencils have to be up to being the star of a project like the post 
and photograph below and as a background above 



Love to Create Challenge #8 Mixed Media Anything Goes

Love to Scrap Challenge LTSCB#96 Anything Goes


Just For Fun
Inspired by the beautiful colours and how fresh they are; 
inspired by the textures of the ice cream, cone & pineapple

MMW#24 Mixed Media Anything Goes optional twist: watercolour

Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Splash it On


Spring Colour Inspiration Board: inspired by the images & colours



I went through my stash and pile of snippets and found a lovely lilac/purple piece that I decided I wanted to add texture paste too. I deliberately used the texture paste quite thickly as I wanted that area to really stand out. I left it to dry overnight. I used my one Indigo Blu stencil (love this design) and traced around the edges using a Spectrum Aqua pen. I then removed the stencil and very gently filled in the colour. I used a piece of plastic to scribble the pens onto and then gently filled in the colour with a lightly damp brush. I also put that aside to dry overnight.

I then looked into my left over stamped snippets wallet and found the Prima circles, the larger die cut circle was in my coloured snippets wallet and the butterflies were die cut from some really beautiful velvet paper that has been in my stash for at least ten years! A great snippety mixed media tag which I actually really love. The texture paste and the pearl pen details are just gorgeous! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x












Tools
Stamp:
Prima Don't Forget to Fly stamp set
Stencil:
Indigo Blu Floral Fantasy stencil
Tim Holtz Lace Layering Stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Sara Davies Butterfly Lullaby Flit & Flutter die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; palette knife

Supplies
Card Paper:
Snippets: velvet paper; Sheena card that had been coloured already
Sheena Douglass white stamping card for the stencil
300 gsm card to create a tag
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Nature & Primary Spectrum Aqua pens
Beautifully Grunge Spectrum Noir AquaTints
Versafine black IP
Embellishments:
Ribbon from my stash
Pearl pen from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Maimeri Texture paste
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam

6 comments:

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful tag! Love all of the texture and pretty colors! Great design!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Tracy Freeman said...

Hey lovely, hope you had a nice weekend ? this is lovely, the texture and details are all fab. I hope all is well with you my lovely. Lots of hugs xxxx

Kim Evans said...

WOW these are so diverse and different. I am not sure where to start. I really love the heart I'd was so unexpected.

Loose Stitches said...

Gorgeous tag! Thank you for joining us at our 'Just For Fun Challenge' at Mix It Up Challenge Blog. We hope to see you again.
~DT Sherry x

Maura Hibbitts said...

Karen, your tag is just bursting with springtime goodness! Lovely bright colors and textures! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

Brenda said...

Wow Karen, your tag is just stunning! I love all the mixed media you have in it, it looks amazing my friend, just amazing! Hugs, Brenda