Monday, 13 March 2017

The Colours of Spring Turquoise, Magenta & Yellow ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good and your week has started well. Whilst typing this post I checked to see when one of the challenges I wanted to enter finishes and I found that it ends tomorrow so a very quick post from me! I’ve been playing with some new sets of stamps and here is the card I created first …
A pretty coloured A6 card
It has some depth
Lots of lovely ink
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #406 Girls/Ladies: with this much pink and
the heart you could only give this to a woman
Colour Crazy Craft Challenge #10 Anything Goes 
Country View Crafts Challenge Inspired by Tim Holtz


Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge For a special lady/girl: it fits the bill


I created the stamped panel on this card using my Distress re-inkers, this beautiful set of heart stamps with a die cut and an air dry clay embellishment too. To create the background I first stamped and embossed the hearts then I made the whole surface damp before adding ink. I knew that I wanted to use these colours so I added a little at a time to try and stop them from blending into each other or worse becoming muddy! I dried the background and then decided to add splatters, especially towards the bottom: it's what I like lol!

I trimmed the inky panel to the size I wanted and added the ribbon, the heart and the die cut word and added it to a kraft card base. This card is a little more stark than my usual style of card making but I think that's why I still love to create cards. I don't get bored because there are so many different styles and techniques that I can try and I have so much fun doing that. That's without the current trend for mixed media and my yearning to draw and paint has fired something new in me. I have a project to share this week which combines my yearning for mixed media techniques and my learning to draw and paint.

This is a quick post for me, sorry I haven't visited much recently I'm struggling right now because my pain has got worse and I feel so completely exhausted too because of the non stop pain. Of course that affects me badly emotionally too, in fact, far much than it should. Hopefully normal service should be resumed soon! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x












Tools
Stamp:
Rubber Dance: heart stamps
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Sizzix Tim Holtz Handwritten Love die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; silicone heart mould

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Kraft card; Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Snippets: white card for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress re-inkers: Salty Ocean; Barn Door; Mustard Seed
White EP
Pink acrylic paint (for the heart)
White air dry clay
Embellishments:
Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam

9 comments:

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Gorgeous card, Karen! Love the hite against the happy colours of your beautiful background. Thank you for using our stamps and joining our March colour challenge at Rubber Dance ♥ Our 2nd challenge this month begins on the 15th, and is a theme challenge. Hope to see you there!

Susanne Rose said...

What a wonderful card!!! Thank you for joining us over at Rubber Dance! Hugs, Susanne.

brenda said...

Such pretty colours and the focal hearts and sentiment are just perfect for our Women's Day theme Karen, thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Mervi said...

Lovely and pretty card!
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m

Caryn said...

What a fabulous card, I love the colours and your pretty design.
Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxxx

ionabunny said...

Oh, simply beautiful. Very striking card. Love this. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Sara Barker said...

Karen, this is a favorite of yours for me! I love the bright colors and the crisp white against the background! Those splatters are so perfect for our Splattering For Fun Dare at Emerald Creek Dares! Hugs!

Maya said...

Love it! Wonderful colours.
Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy challenge.
Hugs from Maya

rachel said...

a beautiful inky make Karen and lovely Tim words too! So sorry to hear that you're not feeling too good. Hopefully you're having a good day today! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck! Hugs rachel xx