Wednesday, 15 March 2017

Second sketch for March ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well. As I had this stamp set out to create my first sketch card I thought it would be rude not to use the beautiful daisy stamp that makes up this set and here is the end result …


A 150mm square card
It has lots of lovely depth
All the yummy details
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
I was inspired by the sketch and the photograph


I also used up the left over patterned paper snippets from the other card and another Kraft card snippet and I used an NBUS die that I purchased last year but have only just gotten around to using. The butterflies were die cut from a rejected stamped piece. So much of the detail is still visible on the solid butterflies but I think it adds to the end look and doesn’t jar with the patterned paper which is a real bonus. I know that the butterflies were also stamped with Aqua markers last year.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass A6 A Little Bit Sketch Poppies and Daisies
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Sara Davies Butterfly Lullaby dies: With Love sentiment; Flit & Flutter butterfly set
Spellbinders dies: Large Classic Circle set
Sizzix green die: Fabulous
Butterfly die was a free die with a magazine last year
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm white card
Free magazine paper
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card for die cutting; Kraft card centre panel
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir Aqua pen sets: Primary & Nature
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen set: Special Holiday
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

11 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Your butterflies on the edge of the craft card are just fine and certainly do count. I have some of that gorgeous freebie design paper too. Your flowers are so pretty. The whole card is a delight in spring colours. Thankyou for fluttering into the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

brenda said...

A really beautiful floral and feminine card Karen and with a real burst of Springtime, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts omens Day challenge.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

A beautiful creation displayed and a gorgeous colour combo for our challenge this time at ALLSORTS challenge for the theme, LADIES/GIRLS, hope to see you again. ♥[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

Lin said...

Lots of pretty floral patterns, here, Karen! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Kathleen said...

Really lovely card, great image and pretty papers.
Thank you for joining our 'Girl/Ladies challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Liz said...

A beautiful card, lots of lovely detail. Thank you for joining in Butterfly Challenge #74 - Good Luck!
Liz - Guest Designer xx

Melissa L. said...

So very pretty, Karen. I love the layers and the pretty flowers. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers WC Challenge.

Marlies said...

A beautiful bright and happy card Karen. I love those flowers and all the butterflies, so spring! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

Tracy Freeman said...

Yay love that you used my sketch and you have created such a beauty with it. Gorgeous work as always lovely xxxx

Amy Seigler said...

Colorful Beautiful Spring Card! I love your use of the dies! Thanks for joining us at HLS Anything Goes with Dies!

Jenny Colacicco said...

Wow so clever and such a great selection of watercolor techniques. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers. Jenny x