Sunday, 5 March 2017

March Mixed Media Tag #1 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well. I’ve been playing with Distress Crayons, stamps, stencil, snippets and white gesso again, lol, and here is the end result …

I love my chubby tag template because it gives me room to play
I must try to remember the die layout, I think it looks fabulous 
I love the textured background and wonderful stamps
The beautiful stamps and dies
A final look


Created for me and especially for these Challenges
All Aboard for the Birthday Challenge Celebration

Country View Crafts Challenge Inspired by Tim Holtz
Emerald Creek Dares Splatters: love them! There are lots of little ones on my tag
Frilly & Funkie Challenge Welcome Spring
Fussy & Fancy Challenge #182 Anything Goes
Scrapy Land Challenge #61 Anything Goes I used Spellbinders dies


As soon as I make the time the one thing I am going to immediately do is to add white gesso to some of Sheena’s white stamping card. I love the look and the yummy texture I achieved on this tag!

I started out adding a small dollop of white gesso to a piece of A5 white card and I used my brayer to apply and even layer and to cover most of the white card. I lightly added colour from my Distress Crayons onto the gesso and sprayed it with water, I actually stood the paper upright and made the little dribbles of colour. I heat set the background. I attached the Stamplorations stencil and used the Distress Crayons to colour through the stencil and create a floral scene. I used my pinky to blend the colours on the flowers, the leaves and the stem. I inked up the sentiments with Distress and stamped it onto the vellum, I used my heat tool to dry it. I wrapped the edges of the vellum around the tag and added a dragonfly brad.

I used three white card snippets and Spellbinders Nesting circle dies to die cut three different sized circles. I inked up the Indigo Blu butterfly with the red from a Spectrum Aqua set twice and I sprayed the butterflies to achieve a diffused and blurred look. I heat set them and then used a wet paintbrush and watercolours to add splatters to the circles and, completely by accident, to the tag background. I inked the small Pieridae butterfly with Distress ink pad and stamped onto the smallest die cut. I used ink blending foam to colour the rest of the die cut.

I decided to add some more splatters to the background and the final touches were to make and add two ribbon bows and WOC flowers. I love this and hope you enjoy looking at it too. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Simon Says Stamps: Be sentiment set
Indigo Blu Stamps: Nature I
Paperbabe Stamps: Pieridae set
Stencil:
Stencil: Stamplorations 045 Bloom Silhouettes
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Spellbinders: Classic large circle set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; spray bottle; hard brayer

Supplies
Card/Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Snippets: Sheena Douglass card and vellum
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Paint: Tim Holtz Distress Crayons Set 1
Ink Pad: Distress Picked Raspberry; Spiced Marmalade
Spectrum Aqua pens: Nature set
Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts: roses
Brad & ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
The Works White Gesso
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
EVA Foam to make my own foam pads

14 comments:

Andrea Norris said...

Wow who would have though you've have used all those products to make this beautiful tag. Love how you've manages to squeeze so many details onto something so small. Thanks for joining us at Fussy & Fancy Fridays
Andrea x

Sara Barker said...

Karen, this chunky tag is exceptional! I love your spring colors and the background on this is so pretty and fresh! Great use of the Distress crayons and those wonderful stamps and stencils! Love this! Thank you for sharing your lovely artwork with us at Emerald Creek Dares! Hugs!

Kim Evans said...

Karen this is so wonderful! I am so glad you entered the dares and I just love the charms and stamping with the splatter project.

Jane said...

Wow Karen what fabulous inky play. You have used lots of great techniques and such pretty colours. I'm glad I'm not the only feminine grunge girl! Such a gorgeous project and perfect for our inspired by Tim Holtz challenge over at Country View. Thanks for joining in with the fun. Hugs Jxx

jenn shurkus said...

such a pretty project!! :) Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

Team Clark said...

This is such a great design and I love your chubby tag size too. Great colors and layering. Hugs, Autumn

Deb Riddell ~ Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

What a fabulous tag, love the colours and textures and all of those wonderful layers, thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey to help us celebrate our third birthday! Deb xo

Nancy Dynes said...

This is a gorgeous, dimensional tag! I love the springtime theme and fabulous mixed media elements. Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!!
Hugs,
Nancy

Jenny Marples said...

What a wonderful mixed media tag Karen! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Nice ! Love all the layers ! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at Country View Challenges ! Corrie x

Amy A said...

Karen, this is GORGEOUS! Love the colors and yummy texture! Thank you for joining us at STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge this month and good luck. We sure hope you join us again.

Amy- DT
{Lil Cutie Creations}

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

The dragonflies charms added sparkle to your cute chubby tag Karen. The background colors are so sweet and soft, lovely colors. Glad to see your creation at STAMPlorations March Media Challenge ...join us again is April :)
Hugs and smiles,
Asmah
STAMPlorations Mixed Media Design Team
Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}

Susanne Rose said...

Love this!!! Thank you for joining us in the STAMPlorations Mixed Media challenge. xx Susanne.

Pammejo said...

Lovely project, thanks for joining us on the Emerald Creek Supplies Dare Challenge Blog.