Wednesday, 29 March 2017

March final sketch ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well, happy hump day! Before I forget I just wanted to take a minute to welcome some new followers! Yay!!! I love me new followers and my older followers too lol! So Chris, Diane, Enfys and Ingrid welcome ladies, I am honoured you are following me!

Today I was so desperate to enter the Spectrum Noir March Challenge a final time that I had to photograph this card whilst the glue on the flowers was still wet lol! Fabulous sketch my lovely friend Tracy came up and I just tweaked it a little bit because it just fit perfectly this way. Anyway here is my card …

It's a 148mm square card
I will have to make a box for posting this one
All the yummy details
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Butterfly Challenge #75 Repeat and the colour Night Sky
I repeat stamped the flowers & repeat die cut butterflies & flowers
I used a gorgeous deep blue Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen on the butterfly & sentiment
Die Cuttin’ Divas Challenge #310 Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes
 Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge:

I was inspired by the sketch and the photograph
The Ribbon Girl Challenge March Any Image 


I used my Spectrum Aqua pens to ink up Sheena's Daisy stamp and I stamped it three times onto a piece of card. I die cut the banner next and then used a clear Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen to drag the yellow into the centre of the images. I used a damp paintbrush to drag the green out from the stamping. The stamped flowers are beautiful and twinkle beautifully when you move the card around. I scribbled a blue Aqua pen onto a piece of acetate and then coloured the background with a light blue wash.

The flowers were die cut from blue pearl card snippets using a beautiful new flower die. It's a Sara Davies one and this is the first time it's come out to play, lol, I purchased several of Sara's flower dies when Crafters Companion had their sales in January, too good a deal not to and I really love the end result with these new flower dies. The foliage was cut using other dies and snippets of card coloured with AquaTints. The butterfly die is also a new one, purchased just before Christmas, another deal, and I'm only just starting to play with this one. I die cut the butterflies from snippets of white card or patterned paper, each butterfly is made up of two layers. The deep blue one was coloured with my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens.

The sentiment is an old early win from the Snippets Playground Challenge and it gets used a lot. It too was cut from white card and coloured with Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen. Some matting and layering plus ribbon and I'm really happy with the end result. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Sketchy Poppies & Daisies set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Sara Davies English Country Garden: Floral duo
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Floral collection: In Bloom
Tutti Designs 214 die: Stitched Nesting Banners
Memory Box Cheviot Butterfly die
Whimsy Stamps Sentimentables Dies: Birthday set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Snippets: patterned paper; white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir Aqua: Primary; Nature
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Holiday Pen set
Embellishments:
Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape
Fun foam

10 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a beautiful card! I laughed about taking your photograph with still wet glue - it happens!!! Chrisx

Team Clark said...

Oh Karen! I adore this beautiful card!!! <3 Hugs, Autumn

Caryn said...

What a beautiful card, love all the details in the layers.
Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Alexandra said...

So beautiful! Love those butterflies ! Thank you for joining Cards und More Shop blog challenge !

DT Alexandra

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous card and love those vibrant butterflies. Love the flowers and your large flag panels show everything off perfectly. Love the ribbon too. Thankyou for fluttering by the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

Brenda said...

What a stunning card Karen! I love the 3D flowers as well as the stamped flowers. I love that you put your watercolored stamped flowers on a fishtail banner. The butterflies are a perfect added touch! Hugs, Brenda

Astrid said...

A beautiful card Karen, thanks for joining in the challenge of Whimsy Stamps challenge Blog.
Hugs Astrid (DT)

Emma Williams said...

A really pretty card which is perfect for spring and captures the beauty of the season perfectly! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

Esther said...

Such a pretty card!!
Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week

Jackie C said...

Simply wonderful! Jackie, Whimsy digital diva!