Wednesday, 1 March 2017

House of Cards March 2017 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I’m back with my House Of Cards post today and for this month once again we have a choice for you. You can use the colour palette below or create a scene or be inspired by the colours and the theme so there are options for you. I have been inspired by both which is my usual go to choice, for now here are the colours we want you to use …..


And here is my card …

A DL card for a change
A birthday card for a man
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge Anything Goes 
Inky Chicks Challenge #79 Happy Birthday
Scrapy Land Challenge #61 Anything Goes I used a Whimsy Stamps die
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Inspired by a book: Quiet London Quiet Corners by Siobhan Wall: read this when I first moved to London from the countryside
The Ribbon Girl Challenge February Any Image Challenge


This was for me a quick and easy make. I grabbed a snippet of Sheena’s white stamping card and stamped the beautiful London cityscape onto it. I then used my Spectrum Noir AquaTints to create the Thames, the sunset and the darkening sky. I heat set that and then added shimmer with my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens and I am so very happy that I actually captured that sparkle for change on my photographs.

I distressed the edges of the London cityscape. I had forgotten about colouring the buildings so I went back in and created a light brown wash that I used on Tower Bridge and some of the buildings. On the Gherkin I added a layer of Ranger Glossy Accents to make it look like glass. I cut an 8” shape in half which I attached to a DL card which I created. I cut a rectangle of Bazzill card and attached that to the card and let loose with some splattering, after all I haven’t done any of that for a while lol! A piece of burlap ribbon and a snippet that was die cut proved to be the perfect finishing touches, IMHO.

I am happy with the end result and it’s another card that is suitable for those pesky men so that’s a bonus too! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Tim Holtz Cityscapes stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Whimsy Stamps: Happy Birthday die
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
8” square fancy pearl shape
Snippets: green Bazzill; Kraft card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Primary
Spectrum Noir Sparkle: 2016 Holiday set
Versafine IP: black
Embellishments:
Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Ranger Glossy Accents; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

13 comments:

Donna said...

This is stunning Karen and like sky line and shimmer on the water! Donna HOC teammate

rachel said...

gorgeous work Karen - brilliant use of the stamp. Thanks for joining us at CVC too! Hugs rachel x

Merethe Arstein said...

Wow Karen, this is a stunning city sky line card from London eye and those grand buildings around.

(✿◠‿◠) Ma (Merethe)
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Team Clark said...

What an awesome stamp and gorgeous design! Hugs, Autumn

Bunny said...

I LOVE these colors. This is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is an AMAZING idea for a scene! I LOVE the colors in the sky and the long, unique shape of your pretty card! So creative and fun too!
Take Care!
Michele, HOC teamie

Judy McKay said...

Nice design and interesting technique. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Monika Gulyas said...

Fabulous townscape card!!! Thank you for joining the March challenge of the Country View Challenges blog!

Inkyfingers said...

You created such a lovely scene here and coloured it so beautifully! Perfect card for a man!
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Craftyfield said...

What a gorgeous cityscape stamp by Tim! On my wish list now...
Thank you for joining us at Country View Challenges this month!

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful card! The colors are fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Maryvonne COUSSE said...

Stunning !
Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland challenges blog and good luck !
Maryvonne DT Member

Rocky said...

Love that sky Karen, it's a great card.