Friday, 10 March 2017

First sketch for March ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one and you have lovely weekend plans. I just wanted to say thank you for the lovely comments on my heart project and to welcome both Olga and Marci: I am honoured you have decided to follow me.

Over at the Spectrum Noir Challenge, on Facebook, there is an Anything Goes challenge along with an optional sketch and an optional inspiration photograph so I decided it was time to pull out an particular stamp set to play with it again, after all I have managed to avoid using it since October last year lol, and here is my card …

I kept the colours light to try and create a spring feel
Will be okay to post 
After the initial stamping I watercoloured these flowers and 
once dry I put back some of the details using my Aqua pens
A final look


Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Addicted-to-Stamps Challenge #143 Pastel Colours
  Double D Challenge Spring challenge
Pixie’s Snippets Playground Challenge #271/272: die cuts all from snippets
Scrapy Land Challenge #61 Anything Goes: Crafters Companion & Spellbinder dies
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge This is a special thank you for my brother and my sister in law to be for having us stay with them 
I was inspired by the sketch and the photograph
Stamping Sensations Challenge Close to Nature


After I had stamped and colour the die cut I decided to die cut a sentiment and two beautiful butterflies from white card snippets which I coloured with the same colour of Aqua pens that I used for the stamping and colouring of my poppy. I had an urge to use some of my patterned paper for the background and I was lucky enough to find this one that matched perfectly with the stamped images and coloured die cuts. Following the sketch inspired me to use some more snippets from creating my brother’s wedding stationery, I have a lot of Kraft card snippets lol! I have to admit that I am very particular with using every single Kraft card snippet, I can’t help that because it’s come about because of a few years of rough time, financially for us, I’m learning not to be quite so frugal at times just it’s a bit ingrained right now.

I used my lovely Aqua pens to ink up the flowers and stems and then used a damp paintbrush to drag the colour outwards and upwards. I then decided to use my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens to add some shimmer and sparkle here and there and I haven’t captured that but, this doesn’t happen all the time, I am happy with my watercolouring. It was so nice to get this old stamp set out again and I will be sharing a few more cards and projects created with this stamp set this month. My friend Helen purchased me my first ever set of Sheena stamps and my husband purchased me the next three, which included this set, and it’s still one of my all time favourite stamp sets. I love the clean lines and that you can be as simple or as fancy as you want to be. They are awesome stamps and this set has a special place in my heart because my hubby purchased them and he loved this set and loves seeing me play with them again lol!

I hope you had a lovely week and have great plans. I know I am going to be doing more sorting and shedding of old craft stash. We put out two boxes of paper this week, old free papers that I know I won’t use and three bags of rubbish. I have so much more to do still but I already love that I can move around and stretch out a bit more so I’m not giving up on it this time lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass A6 A Little Bit Sketch Poppies and Daisies
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Spellbinders dies: Large Classic Circle set
Sara Davies Butterfly Lullaby dies: With Love sentiment; Flit & Flutter butterfly set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm white card
Free magazine paper
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card for die cutting; Kraft card centre panel
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir Aqua pen sets: Primary & Nature
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen set: Special Holiday
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

12 comments:

Darlene said...

Beautiful coloring and design Karen! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Think Spring’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Virginia Lu said...

Your inking and coloring are fabulous, Karen! The lovely details of the butterfly are gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “For a Special Lady/Girl” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Team Clark said...

This is really beautiful! Hugs, Autumn

Diane said...

Beautifully colored and so very pretty! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Joan said...

Lovely flowers on a very pretty card

Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Di said...

Fabulous colouring Karen and such a pretty card! I love the free flying butterflies as well. Well done on the destashing too :)

Hugs

Di xx

brenda said...

Ooooh, Poppies Karen, a big hit with me and absolutely love your choice of colours, subtle yet really striking.

Many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations 'Close to Nature' theme.

B x

Craftychris said...

This is so gorgeous! Lovely colours and I agree, you can never have too many butterflies! xxx

Maryvonne COUSSE said...

Gorgeous !
Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland challenges blog and good luck !
Maryvonne DT Member

SARN said...

Simply gorgeous work Karen.
Waving at you across the Playground!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Marlies said...

A beautiful card in lovely colours and great esign. Thanks fro joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations and at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

Jirawadee Susanthitapong said...

What a gorgeous card! Thank you for joining Addicted to Stamps challenge.
Sai