Wednesday, 8 February 2017

Guest Design Team at the Butterfly Challenge ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, Happy Hump Day! I hope you’re having a great week. I was lucky enough to win one of the challenges at Butterfly Challenge last year and Mrs A contacted me and asked if I wanted to be a Guest Designer for Challenge #72. I never need much of an excuse to create with a butterfly or butterflies, lol, so I answered yes very quickly!

Another lovely bonus for this fortnight’s theme is that it is the 3rd Blog’versary for the Butterfly Challenge so I am doubly honoured to be part of the celebration. I got to pick a letter so I chose the letter ‘P’ which stands for paper piercing and I needed to include the colour Fern too. I decided to use one of my Colorista pages and I coloured my butterfly in Fern and used my Tim Holtz ruler which has evenly spaced holes for me to use my pokey tool with and here is the end result …

An A5 card with lots of snippets and and old patterned paper
I have enjoyed using these colouring pages with my Colorista pencils
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Scrapy Land Challenge #59 Anything Goes I used Crafters Companion dies
Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge Anything Goes bonus Love or Friendship theme
Unstampa Belles Challenge #65 Anything Goes 
optional twist use something new: the flower dies are new


I coloured the butterfly and the flowers and leaves with my Colorista pencils and the background was coloured with my Spectrum Noir AquaTints. The Colorista pad is for colouring with pencils and not using for watercolours. That meant the dried paper curled but placing it under cutting pads overnight and it was flat the next day. Would I do that again? Yes I would but in a more controlled way, I mean being careful with the amount of water that I applied, lol, as I am very heavy handed with watercolours.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Die’sire Ivy leaves
Crafters Companion Sara Davis Signature Floral Delight Collection: Pretty Petals dies
Marianne Design Creatables: LR0227 Anja Leaves 2 die set; LR0163 Chinese roses die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; Tim Holtz ruler; pokey tool

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 Kraft card
Colorista 5” x 7” Butterfly Garden pencil colouring pad
A4 300gsm card
Patterned paper from my stash
Snippets: for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir Colorista Set 1 pencils
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Primary set
Stickles glitter glue: green
Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts:
The Works: large half pearl
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam




5 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Hello Karen, Thankyou so much for being my Guest Designer for this challenge and starting off the new set of themes with this gorgeous card. Gosh just realised that design paper really is an oldie as I have it too!! Just love your colouring of the page. Colours are so pretty together. Hugs Mrs A.

Susan Hogan said...

Beautiful colours and such a sense of freedom and clear future in this one. A very pretty piece. Thanks for sharing this with us at Unstampabelles for our first challenge in 2017 - Anything Goes (except Stamping).

Dale Tiernan said...

You have a pretty style in this card. Thanks for joining in at Unstampabelles.

Brenda said...

Congrats on your GDT gig Karen! You are definitely an asset to this challenge and I just adore your card! It is just stunning and the colors are so pretty! Hugs, Brenda

frommycraftroom said...

Lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.