Monday, 13 February 2017

February's Mixed Media Tag #2 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was fabulous and your week has started well. I managed to play with my stash a little over the weekend and I’m back with my second mixed media tag experiment of the month and here it is …

I was in the mood to play with blues and a little distressing too
Nice amount of texture and depth to this one
All the yummy details and texture, loving this
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #402 Hearts &/ Flowers 
Creative Artiste Challenge #23 Anything Mixed Media Goes
Everybody Art Challenge #396 Valentine or Girly
I’ve just realised I’ve covered it up so not sure if it’s still okay to enter or not!
Mixed Media World Challenge MMW#22 Mixed Media Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Use your favourite tool:
My stamps are #1 favourite tool, Tim Holtz Distressing tool is 
#2 my chubby tag template is #3
Stamps & Stencils Challenge Texture, Crackle & Paint
We Love to Create Challenge #3 Anything Goes


This is one of my favourite flower stamps and the idea to use this along with watercolours and snippets popped into my head after seeing the theme at Stamps and Stencils Challenge. I am always trying to learn how to use my acrylic paints and mixed media products. I haven’t figured out fully how to use this crackle paste properly but I am happy with the end result.

So I used my tag template to cut out a tag with white card and applied the background paper, which is part of my old stash. I applied the paste with a palette knife and once it was dry I painted the patterned paper with a blue acrylic paint wash. I used some silver acrylic and a baby wipe to add silver to the crackle paste hoping that it would keep it attached. It didn’t do that completely so I added a layer of gloss gel medium. That has encased the crackle paste but my tag is a little too glossy now lol! I stamped the flower twice onto white card snippets and then used watercolours on the flower and the leaves. I die cut the squares from snippets and attached them to the dry tag. I fussy cut the flowers cutting just the petals on one of them so that I could decoupage it. I created a silver acrylic wash and added that to the petals.

I decided to add a little more shimmer to the flower centre so I applied dries clear glue and added a little glitter and blue and silver accent beads, love those accent beads lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
La Blanche flower stamp
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Spellbinders:
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; palette knife; Craftwork Cards Tag Template

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Snippets: white card coloured brown and blue card for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versafine IP: Smokey Grey
Americana acrylic paint
Silver acrylic paint
Embellishments:
Blue glitter from my stash
Blue & Silver accent beads from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
DecoArt Crackle Paste
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam



9 comments:

Catherine said...

Your mixed media tag is beautiful. I love the crackle background and lovely blue colors. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

Cathie ♥

Tanja said...

love that beautiful blue flower and the crackle around the edges - thanks for sharing your project at the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge

Team Clark said...

OH my gosh Karen! What gorgeous texture and layering you've combined on this beautiful tag. A treat for the eyes! Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day, Autumn

Tracy Freeman said...

Hey lovely, im so sorry for not stopping by blogger has been driving me insane !!! I am going to make the jump to wordpress i think, seems to be lot less problems !
I do hope you are well ?

This is stunning !!! the flower looks gorgeous.
Sending tons of hugs xxx

Brenda said...

What a fun and beautiful tag Karen! I love the colors, the flower is stunning and that crackle back ground is amazing! Well done! Hugs, Brenda

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Jane Royston said...

Lovely tag! Really great texture and layers. Thank you for joining us this month at Creative Artiste, Jane (DT) :) x

k.m.meena Herale said...

Beautiful tag, love the flower and crackle around the tag edge.
Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena HLS DT

Claire said...

Gorgeous tag, love that flower and the crackle looks fabulous. I've just tried the Decoart Crackle for the first time, it's lovely isn't it? Thanks so much for joining us at We Love 2 Create this time
Claire xx