Friday, 10 February 2017

Blue, green & white ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one, nearly the weekend!Over the weekend I played with one of my beautiful Indigo Blu stamp sets and here is the end result …

An A6 card
Lots of lovely embellishments
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Butterfly Challenge #72 Fern &/ Paper Piercing:
I had to play along Mrs A it’s your marvellous celebration. 
Please remove my name from the random link.
Country View Crafts Challenge 30 Minutes or Less, details below
Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge February Anything Goes 
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #119 Winter or Spring 
Fussy & Fancy Challenge #180 Fussy & Fancy
Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge Anything Goes optional twist: Dies
Scrapy Land Challenge #59 Anything Goes, I used:
 Crafters Companion, Spellbinder, Marianne Designs Creatables & Joy Crafts dies 
Stamping Sensations Challenge Animal Magic


As usual at the end of the month I have background snippets, stamped snippets and left over die cuts from the projects I made that month and because of that I’ve been able to create a quick card. The butterfly had already been stamped onto a die cut but it wasn’t coloured at that point. So I stamped another butterfly onto white card and coloured the die cut and the stamped butterfly. I then pulled together all of the die cuts and played with the layout. Then I cut up the second butterfly and attached it over the top of the other one. Simples and quick!

So lots of lovely snippets were used in the making of this very quick card. I actually adore the look of this one, it’s rich and beautiful whilst still having lots of white visible. I hope you all like it too! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp:
Indigo Blue stamp set: Nature I
Stencil:
Tim Holtz Layering stencil: lines
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion: Die’sire Classiques: Ivy die; Downton Abbey Ornate Circle die
Crafters Companion Sara Davies: Butterfly Lullaby die set
Spellbinders: Standard Circles large Nestability die set
Joy Crafts: 6002/025 Flowers die set
Marianne Creatables: LR0227 Leaves die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versafine IP: Black
Distress re-inkers: Tumbled Glass; Weathered Wood; Bundled Sage; Shabby Shutters
Perfect Pearls: Blue Patina; Green Patina
Pebeo Dyna Iridescent: Blue Green; Green Blue
Embellishments:
Brads from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; Washi tape; double sided tape; fun foam

15 comments:

Barb said...

It really is very beautiful Karen. I love all the dimension too. Barbxx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

The stamped butterfly looks beautiful adorned by all the lovely flowers. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Sandra x

Caro´s kreative Welt said...

Wowww, what a beautiful card! Wonderful design and colours.
Thanks for sharing at FSC.
Greeting Carola

Mrs A. said...

Absolutely stunning. Lost for word here. I just love the way you gave used the stripey green paper for the varigsted ivy leaves. Perfection. Thank you do much for fluttering no by. Hugs Mrs A.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Karen absolutely gorgeous card, beautifully designed with those embellishments, I love the colour combination too, lovely sort feminine shades.
Thank you for the very helpful feed back on my Kingfisher card, i would never feel upset or offended, and never thought of the beak and the tree , great constructive feedback, Kate x

Leanne Harris said...

This is a lovely card Karen, the colours all go together beautifully and I'm a big fan of Indigoblu stamps too! Well done and thank you for sharing this with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Leanne DT.

Norma said...

Wonderful card, Karen. Beautifully designed. And such fabulous diecuts.
Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.
Hugs,
Norma

Brenda said...

Wow Karen, I am really loving this card! The die cuts you used are fabulous, love the color combo and love, love, love those butterflies! Hugs, Brenda

Team Clark said...

I fell in love with this on IG and just had to come and tell you how much I adore this beauty! Wow wow wow! You are on a roll, my friend! Hugs, Autumn

Jane said...

This is so pretty Karen and a great way to use up all those gorgeous snippets. It's perfect for our 30 minutes or under card challenge over at Country View.Thanks so much for joining us. Happy Monday!
Jane xx

Corrie Herriman said...

I am amazed you put this together in less than 30 mins ! Great job ! Thank you for joining us over at Country View Challenges this month !
Corrie x

Kylie said...

Stunning design and colours. Beautifully done, Karen! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Shona Chambers said...

Wow, you have so many amazing details on this card and they all go together perfectly. Love the colours you've used and that butterfly is gorgeous. So glad you shared this with us at Happy Little Stampers!

Michelle said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge!