Tuesday, 17 January 2017

Mixed Media Tag #1 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good and you have a lovely week planned. I have been able to play, at last, with my stash again lol! It’s been a long craft break but it felt good spending time playing with my bits and bobs and here is the end result …

  
A chubby tag - warning there will be many more!
All the yummy details
I think this is still my favourite butterfly stamp
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #398 Wings on Things
A Vintage Journey Challenge Going Round in Circles
Frilly & Funkie Challenge New Years Inspiration (see below)
Noor Design Challenge January Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Chill Out: I am dreaming of late spring early summer with lovely warm and bright days!
That’s Crafty Challenge Gold & Silver 


The idea of this tag came about because of this years first challenge at Frilly & Funkie. Of course it has progressed a little bit more too. The last year and a half my creating/crafting has been about learning how I could incorporate mixed media, shabby chic style and my love of stamping. Quite a lot of these projects have ended up in the bin and didn’t make it onto my blog. Yet every single time I tried to incorporate all of them into a project I learnt a bit more about what works and what doesn’t work for me. I feel and am hoping that I’ve found the way to incorporate all three into something I love. Combining my love of stamping, shabby chic, mixed media, drawing and painting is good for me creatively and that’s what I plan to do more of this year.

This tag was created with snippets of patterned paper glued onto white card and then I added a thin layer of white gesso. Once that was dry I used my Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Distress Paint to lightly colour the card and I left it to dry. I attached my Tando Random Circles stencil onto the background and used gold acrylic paint to make the circles and I left to dry overnight. The next day I attached the stencil again and using a Versamark IP I tapped through the stencil and added a little gold UTEE here and there, just a little though lol! Once I had my background ready I cut it into a tag.

I die cut white snippets and stamped butterflies onto white snippets butterflies and I played around with other elements to create this pretty tag. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Paperbabe stamps: Pieridae
La Blanche stamps: butterfly stamp
Stencil:
Tando Creative: Random Circles stencil
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Die’sire Large Format Edge’ables Rococo die
Crafters Companion Inspiration magazine issue 11
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; Craftwork Cards tag template; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Snippets: white card; patterned paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Tim Holtz Distress Paint: Spun Sugar
Spectrum Aqua pens: Floral
Gold acrylic paint
Ranger Gold UTEE
Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts
Grosgrain ribbon
Stickles Glitter Glue: platinum
Adhesives/Mediums:
The Works: white gesso
Versamark IP
Collall all purpose glue; Washi tape



7 comments:

Mrs A. said...

More butterflies great. Love this tag. Like how you call it a chubby tag. I have a sizizix big die the same size. Used it twice I think. Tut tut. Hugs Mrs A.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love this chubby little tag! All those colorful butterflies on that pretty mixed media background make me smile! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Frilly and Funkie New Year Inspiration Challenge!

Sara Barker said...

This is so pretty! I love those butterflies!

Craftyfield said...

Great Mixed Media tag! Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month!

Kathleen said...

Fabulous tag and great images with wonderful colours.
hank you for joining our 'Wings on Things' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

your tags are beautiful, I jump all over with my style when I create. Just have fun
thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers

Barb Housner (DT)

Linda said...

Beautiful tag .... great layering. Thanks for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media Challenge xx