Saturday, 28 January 2017

January Journal #1 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend has started well. I’m sure it’s no surprise what I’m about to share, lol, and here it is …

An A5 inked and painted journal page
All the yummy details
I know I'm not supposed to have a favourite but I do
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges 
Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #226 Anything Goes


I am trying to keep up with my crafting New Year resolutions, lol, but that’s really about being well organised and that’s not something I do very well but I’m not prepared to admit defeat yet lol! I haven’t played with my birds for a while so it felt like it was a really good idea to get them out and to play with some ink and paint layering too.

I started out adding a light layer of pale blue AquaTints to a damp piece of Sheena Douglass white stamping card. Once I was happy with the colour I used my heat tool to dry it. I decided to stamp the birds but to not colour them. I figured I could work around the birds with stencils and paints so that the birds weren’t heavily coloured. I grabbed silver acrylic paint and a piece of foam and added silver to all four edges. Once dry I used a piece of Washi to attach my stripes stencil with a piece of Washi tape and I used ink, watercolour and acrylic paint to add lines of colour randomly across the page.

I left it to dry overnight, it just worked out that way, lol! I used my AquaTints to colour the birds, keeping the colours light and transparent. It was at this point that I realised I wanted to add more images to my page so I stamped the bee with a Versafine ink pad and coloured them with yellow and gold acrylic paint. I used acrylic to paint the branches for the birds to sit on and used a fine black pen to touch up any parts of the bird that needed it.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamp set
Stencil:
Tim Holtz Stripes Layering Stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; ink blending foam

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versafine IP: jet black
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Pastels; Beautifully Grunge
Acrylic paint: blue; brown; gold; silver; yellow
Pigma black micron pen

11 comments:

Brenda said...

Your journal page is adorable Karen!! I get such a kick out of these birds, they just crack me up! I love those bees too. Great job my friend! Hugs, Brenda

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous journal page Karen :-) I love these crazy birds and this is just super cute :-)

I am not sure why the links weren't visible to you, but I have added your link to the Monday and Wednesday Challenges. Please let me know if you can see the link up for the next Monday challenge which will publish in around 3 hours X

Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday and Wednesday Challenges
Luv
Lols x x x

Meihsia Liu said...

Your creation is super cute! Love those adorable birds. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Corrie Herriman said...

Love those birds ! Lovely ! Thank you so much for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x

Jane said...

What a great page Karen. Such fun birds and lovely details. Thanks so much for joining in with our anything goes challenge over at Country View. Hugs xx

Tanja said...

such a fun group of birds - thanks for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge

Claire said...

Gorgeous little flock of birds, I love the colours and the background is fab! Thanks so much for joining us at We Love 2 Create this time
Claire xx

Virginia Lu said...

Your coloring is SUPERB! Love how you bring the Crazy Birds to life! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

k.m.meena Herale said...

Beautiful work.

Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena HLS DT

Asha said...

What a fab AJ project, Karen! You have done a great job with these birds. I'm dabbling in AJs myself... it is fun, isn't it?! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Lisa West said...

Those birds are such fun. Thank you for joining us for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Colour Crazy Challenge. Hugs Lisa xxx