Wednesday, 21 December 2016

Sixth family Christmas card and a big Oops ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. The title of today’s post is Oops, lol, and that’s because I really shouldn’t keep white acrylic paint and glitter near to where I am creating. Suffering from Fibromyalgia means that sometimes my arms and hands twitch or even worse spasm, spasms are often really painful, and I just couldn’t bear to bin this card as it has taken much practice and many attempts to create an aurora sky like this ...

Another big one, the last thankfully lol!
Good to post
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Crafty Boots Challenge Winter Wonderland
Crafty Cardmakers Challenge Christmas optional twist of non traditional: my sky
Die Cut Divas Challenge Layers or Layer It
Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge #86 Part One Cards & Anything But Cards
Scrapy Land Challenge #56 Let it Snow: Crafters Companion & Sizzix dies


Another attempt at creating a Northern Lights skies using my Distress re-inkers and Clarity stamps. Once again I created the sky by adding a layer of clean water to the white stamping card so the inks move freely. I added neat ink, I had put it in my palette, I just dropped the neat ink onto the wet card and used my paintbrush to move that ink. Once I had the colour and look I wanted I heat set them for a long time. I wanted to stop the ink from bleeding because I was going to stamp the larch trees and the reindeer and I wanted some snow on that bottom third as well as some texture paste and sparkles.


That was when I had an Oops, with a capital ‘o’. I knocked over an open pot of white acrylic paint. I was heartbroken as I think this sky is my best attempt at those Northern Lights, grrr, anyways I decided not to waste that sky so I brushed the white paint around the trees and reindeer which meant I’d created a snow scene. I left that to dry before adding texture paste and some glitter, and the glitter was the next oops moment, it’s a wee bit more sparkly than I meant it to be.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn xx









Tools
Stamp:
Claritystamp Ltd: tree stamp (cabin in the woods set); large larch tree (larch trees & deer set)
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Tim Holtz Thinlits Sizzix die set: Mini Holiday Greens
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Signature Contemporary Christmas: Merry Christmas
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
300 gsm card
Snippets: Spectrum AquaTints coloured card for die cutting some of the berry branches
Snippets: Pebeo Dyna Iridescent acrylic paint coloured snippets for die cutting the sentiment and top fir
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Tim Holtz Distress Re-Inker: Mowed Lawn; Peeled Paint; Dusty Concord; Red Barn
Spectrum Aqua pens: Nature set for stamping the trees and reindeer
Pebeo: white acrylic paint; Dyna Iridescent Green Blue and Blue Green
Ranger Liquid Pearls: Ruby Red
Embellishments:
Christmas Tree; Glitter; Jingle Bell; Twine; all from my stash
Cosmic Shimmer: Glitter Jewels Clips
Adhesives/Mediums:
Cosmic Shimmer Texture Paste; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape


16 comments:

Sue said...

Another beautiful card Karen, those deer are lovely. Thank you so much for playing along with us again at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

brenda said...

Just popping in to wish you and your family a very Happy Christmas.

Will see you again after the festive season.

B x

Sara Barker said...

Karen, your card is beautiful and your oops moment turned into a spectacular snowy scene! Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! hugs!

Darlene said...

Great job Karen ... I've been working with this technique lately too ... what fun! You did an AWESOME job ... what a beautiful scene you've created! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘SNOW’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Karen, I don't often comment although I do look at your lovely makes, this card is stunning, I love everything about it and your sky is amazing. Beautiful scene and colouring.
Have a wonderful Christmas and a New Year fulled with Good Health and Happiness, Kate x

Brenda said...

I didn't see any oops Karen, I only see a beautiful, stunning card! I love your Northern lights sky, it is amazing!! Your whole scene is just beautiful my friend. I so know what you mean about Fibromyalgia, unless on has it they don't understand it. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year my friend! Hugs, Brenda

Jane said...

Wow Karen I think your oops was a happy accident. This is just gorgeous, a perfect Christmas creation, I love it! Really fab work, well done. Merry Christmas and thanks for all you support this year and for joining in with our Christmas challenge over at Country View. Crafty hugs
Jane xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous work,it is a stunning card, your aurora sky is so beautiful. Your oops would never have been detected in the final version had you not written about it :O). Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
Glenda
DT

Arlene said...

Beautiful background and wonderfully warm feeling card. Lovely.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Totally awesome card, your sky is amazing and the rest of your design is great - I love all of the texture. Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Boots Winter Wonerland Challenge.

Dionne

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous card ! Oops or not ! Thank you so much for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x

Pam said...

Beautifully created background for this lovely scene. Wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing your design with us in our "Christmas With A Twist" Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers! Please come back in the New Year for a whole year of fun challenges.
:) Pam

Maryvonne COUSSE said...

Fabulous scene !stunning!
Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland Challenge blog and Good Luck !
Maryvonne – DT member

Dee's Craft Room said...

Hi

Thought you would like to know that you have been placed in the recent Crafty Boots 'Winter Wonderland' Challenge.

Many congratulations and happy New Year.

Dionne

PS Don't forget to pick up a copy of your badge from the Crafty Boots blog.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

What absolutely gorgeous background colours that set the perfect scene. Love all your elements on your wonderful card. Thanks so much for joining in A Vintage Journey Challenge. Tracy x

Kim x said...

Once again a lovely card, even with the oops moment. They can sometimes be the best lol.
Thank you for entering my Christmas with a Twist challenge at CCM.
hugs Kimx