Wednesday, 26 October 2016

Spotty Toadstools ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Playing with my Lavinia stamps, I adore them, and several snippets too which is a real bonus and here is the first …
  
A 150mm square card which is good to post
Very autumnal!

The card above had already been stamped and coloured but I forgot to blog it at the time so I won’t enter it into challenges.  I was trying out the Spectrum Noir AquaTints Essentials white onto Kraft card.  I then stamped the toadstools with Versafine and coloured them with pens from the Spectrum Aqua Nature set.  Some die cut snippets which were also coloured with AquaTints and a border with ribbon and it was done.

The next card is the result of a play session using inks, AquaTints, Lavinia Stamps and snippets and here it is …

A 150mm square card
Good to post too
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #386 Sparkle & Shine
 Butterfly Challenge #65 Hoops &/ Harebells
Lavinia Stamps Challenge on Facebook Blues & Purples 
That’s Crafty Challenge Clean and Simple
The Pencil Case Challenge #31 Anything Goes


I created a background using blue and purple, with just a touch of pink.  Once that was dry I stamped the small and large toadstools with black Versafine.  Then I used my Spectrum Aqua pens to ink up the mini flowers, flowers and vine, and the toadstools before stamping them in position.  I scribbled the Aqua pens onto a piece of acetate and using a just damp paintbrush I coloured the toadstools.  Once the toadstools were dry I decided to use the blue and purple pens to colour the toadstools directly and that made the colours much richer and it looked better.  I left them to dry before using my Spectrum Sparkle to add shimmer to the toadstools.  I distressed the edges of the stamped panel and then decided I wanted to add it to a square Kraft card.  It was too stark on its’ own so I grabbed a purple pearl snippet which I then punched with my MS border punch.  I die cut the butterflies from lilac/blue snippets and added the ribbon then the butterflies before putting the card together: simples lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Lavinia Fairy £1 Stamps: miniature toadstool; miniature tall toadstool; miniature flowers
Lavinia Stamps: Leaf Trail; Miniature Flowers
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Sara Davies Butterfly Lullaby die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; Martha Stewart border punch; Tim Holtz Distressing Tool; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping card & snippets; A4 Kraft card
Snippets pearl card from my stash
Patterned paper from my stash
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Essentials; Landscape
Spectrum Aqua pen set: Nature
Spectrum Sparkle pen: Clear Overlay
Versafine IP: black
Embellishments:
Ribbon from my stash
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam

8 comments:

Mrs A. said...

I just love your fairy toadstools. The colours are glorious. Absolutely fab. Thankyoy for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.

brenda said...

Love your Lavinia toadstools Karen, always think there is something so magical about them, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

B x

Wendy L said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this time, xxxx

Di said...

Fabulous Lavinia toadstools Karen, as Brenda says, just something magical about them! Love the completed cards!

Hugs

Di xx

Helen Haines said...

Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at the Anything Goes Pencil Case Challenge. Helen DT

Gayatri said...

That's a gorgeous card. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Gorgeous card...Thank you so much for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers - anything goes with dies challenge.

SARN said...

Both cards are divine, but I particularly like the pink/purple one.

Hugs, Sarn xxx