Thursday, 20 October 2016

Pink October ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  There are a few challenges that I had to play along with this week so I grabbed my stamps, dies, different shades of pink AquaTints, acrylic paints, inks and snippets and created this …

  
An A6 tent fold, not too deep
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges


I stamped the flowers and using a just moist paintbrush dragged the colour inwards to create the panel.  I wanted to try a different version of the original Jennifer McGuire technique, I did that here and here and this is another versionI left my stamped and watercolour panel to dry whilst getting on with creating the embellishments.  The next step was to colour white snippets using the Pastel AquaTints.  One snippet was pink and the other a very soft green.  Once the pink snippet was dry I die cut the flowers and the ‘love’.  Once the green snippet was dry I used my Lines stencil with Pebeo Dyna paint and a piece of foam to add the lines to the green card and when dry I die cut the leaves.  The leaves actually shimmer a little in the sunlight.  I cut and then scored the parchment paper and attached it to the back of the stamped panel. 

I kept the card design reasonably simple but with lots of layered die cuts which I appear to be in love with doing at the moment lol!  A thank you goes to my lovely friends Helen for the die cut or punched hearts they were the perfect finishing touch.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Sizzix Tim Holtz Handwritten Love die set
Joy Crafts: 6002/0024 Daisy Flower die set; 6002/0025 Flowers die set
Marianne Design Dies: LR027 Anja Leaves 2
Stencil:
Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: Lines
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; scoring tool

Supplies
Card Paper:
Hunkydory Crafts: Adorable Scorable pink card
Crafters Companion snippets Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping Card
A4 Pergamano Parchment Paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua: Floral pen set
Pebeo Studio Acrylic Iridescent Dyna: Violet Blue
Embellishments:
Brads & Sequins from my stash
Punched/die cut hearts from a friend
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam


17 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Gorgeous card.

Kathleen said...

Really beautiful card, love the subtle background and all the gorgeous flowers.
Thank you for joining our Pink October challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

rachel said...

really pretty work Karen - love this xx

Liz said...

Beautiful card, I love all the layered flowers. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card for our current challenge of 'Pink October', Love the way you arranged your gorgeous flowers.
[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A very pretty card Karen, sorry I don;t often get to comment here but your pictures come up in my feed and I always admire what you have been up too. I wish I had the ideas and mixed media talents that you have. Thanks for your kind words regarding the loss of our pet recently.
Lorraine

brenda said...

A lovely creation for our 'Pink' theme at Allsorts Karen and great techniques as well, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Di said...

Wow Karen, what a beauty! I see you did manage to link up OK - have been away from the laptop a bit due to another dive with the back. But what a card! I adore the muted image topped with the very dimensional flowers. Have read how you made the card a few times and I think you got the very muted background by wrapping plain vellum over your wonderful floral image? So effective! I love, love, love this card!

Hugs

Di xx

Mervi said...

Lovely card Karen.
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts' PINK week;-))m

Georgiana said...

Beautiful! Thank you for joining our “Think Pink” Challenge this week at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
• Carson's Creations •
Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

Dotty Jo x said...

Very pretty card, always love pink and the very special meaning it has in October. Thanks for playing along at Creative With Stamps, Jo x

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Monika Reeck said...

I love your flowers lovely texture
and nice LOVE Dies sentiment in pink too
beautifully made
Many thanks for joining with us at Creative With Stamps this month.
Hugs.
Monika

Kandy Krazee said...

So pretty! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!

Lilian YF said...

So pretty with the soft flowers behind vellum plus the die cuts!
Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Gayatri said...

How beautiful is your card? Love the vellum layer and cluster of diecut flowers. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Think Pink Challenge. Gayatri xx

Haideelum said...

wow que belleza¡ el papel vellum luce precioso y el frente de la tarjeta con esas lindas flores es bellisimo y elegante¡

Wow that beauty¡ the role vellum looks beautiful and the front of the card with these beautiful flowers is charming and elegant¡

Thanks for participating with us in CORROSIVE CHALLENGE BLOG
Haideé
Haideelum DT CCB