Wednesday, 14 September 2016

New stamps, yep, again ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Recently I was very lucky to win one of the two weekly Craft Barn Challenges, thank you Jane, Sandy and random link thingy lol!  I won a £10 voucher and decided to have a browse around the online shop before picking a stencil and the Lavinia Toadstools stamp set.  I love them!  They are perfect for my current obsession of autumn colours and whilst waiting for something to arrive for the wedding invites I had a play and here is the end result …

 
An A6 card
Lots of lovely paint and inkiness
Lovely stamps!
Loads and loads of die cut snippets lol!
 
Loads of butterflies too
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Craft Stamper Challenge September Take It Make It Anything Goes
Die Cut Diva’s Challenge Autumn Colours
Frilly & Funkie Challenge Things with Wings
Pixie’s Snippets Playground #246: all of the die cuts were leftover AquaTints snippets
Scrapy Land Challenge #49 Anything Goes: I used Crafters Companion dies

  Virginia’s View Challenge #23 Spray, Mist & Splatter


I had so much fun putting this card together because as soon as I received the stamps I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them.  I started out with the idea of creating a faeries grotto, with loads of fairies underneath the toadstools (they were to be my things with wings).  Along the way I didn’t use faeries but opted to use die cut butterflies as my things with wings instead.  I stamped the toadstools onto a piece of stamping card for my main panel and onto stamping card white snippets because I wanted to decoupage the toadstools.  I applied Pebeo masking fluid to the white spots of the snippets toadstools and left that to dry.  I used almost neat AquaTints (Beautifully Grunge set pink) to colour the toadstool snippets and around the edge of the toadstool panel (fleshy part) and I used a light brown to colour the stalks (Spectrum Aqua Naturals pen set).  I left everything to dry for a couple of hours.  I was able to rub the masking fluid off the top of the toadstool before going to bed.  Everything was left to completely dry naturally.

I then brushed plain water around the toadstools panel so that I could colour my backgrounds.  I created washes of orange, red and purple (Bright & Beautiful AquaTints).  I left it to dry then I splattered large droplets from my clean paint brush and mopped those up.  Once again I left everything to dry four a couple of hours.  I fussy cut my snippets toadstools and attached double sided tape and fun foam on the back.  I created a Kraft card base and applied two pieces of patterned paper with rough torn edges on either side of the card but I kept part of the Kraft card on view.  I used my distress tool on the edges of the stamped panel and the coloured card that I matted that onto.  I then had a die cutting session before figuring out the layout and what I wanted to use.  Once everything was stuck on I lightly splattered white gesso all over the card.

I have to say this is a more shabby chic style card than my usual style and I love it!  You can seethe colours were influenced by autumn and the whole panel screams a bit whimsy to me and that’s probably one of the other reasons that I love it.  I hope you all like it too!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Lavinia Spotty Toadstool stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Die’sire Christmas Classiques dies: Ivy
Sara Davis Signature Collection: Butterfly Lullaby Flit & Flutter die set
Marianne Design Creatables dies: LR0161 Chinese Rose
Lacy butterfly die: magazine
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; Tim Holtz Distress tool; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Kraft card; Sheena Douglass stamping card
Papers from my stash
Parchment snippets from my stash
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Bright & Beautiful
Spectrum Aqua: Nature pen set
Versafine IP: black
Adhesives/Mediums:
Pebeo masking fluid; white gesso; double sided tape; fun foam


13 comments:

Michelle N. said...

Such a lovely creation! All those wonderful die cuts, colors, and stamps made a fantastic card-thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's Autumn challenge!

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card Karwn.

brenda said...

A pretty bright and cheery card Karen and love the magic about it.

B x

Barb said...

This is gorgeous Karen. What fantastic rich colours. Well done on your win and you certainly have put your new stash to great use. I bet you'll be using them a lot. Barbxx

Team Clark said...

Absolutely EXQUISITE Karen! Wow, what great dimension and color you've added to these wonderful stamps. This is stamp art at its finest. Hugs, Autumn

Di said...

This is absolutely beautiful Karen! So much gorgeous detail and what fabulous colours. It really is like fairyland!

Hugs

Di xx

Linda said...

This looks gorgeous .... the colours are amazing and I love those toadstools. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow, a fantastic card. I love how you've used the beautiful toadstool stamps.

Sue xx

Arlene said...

So cute and LOVE the colors.

Glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

Robyn Oliver said...

Love the picture you've created Karen, magical, funky and great colors

Cindy C. said...

Very charming Autumn scene! Really enjoy your color choices. Thanks for joining in the fun at Die Cut Diva's.

Jackie P Neal said...

This is real neat Karen! I love mushrooms!
Jackie ")

Jenny Marples said...

Absolutely beautiful Karen. I love how you've transformed the mushrooms. Thank you for sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie xx