Tuesday, 20 September 2016

Another spotty toadstool ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  I have one of my embellished but not fully embellished cards to share again today.  I have really enjoyed creating this one too and I know part of my enjoyment is using rich colours with new die cuts and really old embellishments too lol!  And here it is …

  
An A6 card
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Inky Chicks Challenge Fairies &/ Wings
Pixie’s Snippets Playground #247: all of the die cuts were leftover AquaTints snippets

I have a slightly eclectic inspiration for you: The Super Mario Brothers Theme Song
Today, full of energy, Mario is still running, running; Go save Princess Peach! Go!;
Today, full of energy, Mario runs; Today, full of energy, jumping!;
Today, full of energy, searching for coins; Today, keep going, Mario!;
Get a mushroom - it’s Super Mario!; Get a flower - it’s Fire Mario!;  
Goomba! Troopa! Buzzy Beetle! Beat them all!
Mario is always full of energy and strong! 

I was really into Super Mario when it first appeared lol!

The Pencil Case Challenge #28 Anything Goes


Not quite so busy or quite so bold today but still much fun to create and I’ve learnt that using Kraft as a base means that I can use the bright bold colours that I love without my project looking garish.  I know, because I have done it in the past; very bright colours with large areas of white do tend to look garish so I am happy I figured that one out lol!  Once again I used my Pebeo masking fluid to protect the toadstools white spots and I die cut then coloured quite a few butterflies, massive understatement!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x











 Tools
Stamp:
Lavinia Spotty Toadstool stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Sara Davis Signature Collection: Butterfly Lullaby Flit & Flutter die set
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; Tim Holtz Distress tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: Kraft card; Sheena Douglass stamping card
Papers from my stash
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Bright & Beautiful
Spectrum Aqua: Nature pen set
Versafine IP: black
Pebeo acrylic paints: red and yellow to create the orange
Embellishments:
Woodware chipboard
Adhesives/Mediums:
Pebeo masking fluid; white gesso; double sided tape; fun foam

8 comments:

brenda said...

A beautiful make as always Karen with perfect colours and attention to detail.

B x

Di said...

Loving these cards Karen! I see what you mean about using Kraft and bold colours - neat trick!

Hugs

Di xx

Véronique said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the challenge of Inky Chicks. DT Veronique

Maura Hibbitts said...

Karen, that's funny you used Super Mario for your inspiration - it is everywhere! Love your toadstools and the bright colors are so cheery and joyful! Thanks for joining our "inspired by music" challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! xx maura

SARN said...

Hi Karen . . . been catching up with your blog posts. You have been REALLY productive. TOP TIP about masking fluid on those toadstools! Will have to remember that one!

Loving the projects you've been creating and the most recent posts on Africa are SUPERB. That lion certainly is handsome. Your use of peel offs is top notch too!

Just a few more of your posts to catch up . . . I'll be back!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Shawna Standish said...

Okay once again scrolling down to find your HOC card and here is yet another gem but why am I surprised. Your art is just fabulous and am so proud to have you the HOC team!! Now really where is your bird card?

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Karen :-)
Congratulations! you have won the $50 gift certificate on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Woo hoo!! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Team Clark said...

Woo hoo Karen! I just saw that you won the loot over at SSS! Biggest congrats sweetie! Have fun on your shopping spree. Hugs, Autumn