Saturday, 3 September 2016

A double page paints, inks and pencils journal play ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and you have awesome weekend plans.  I realised that once again it has been too long since I played in my journal and as I had my colouring pencils out to practice my colouring I decided that keeping those images and putting them in my journal was a fabulous idea so I have a double page spread to share with you and here it is …

This is my first A5 page using these stamped and coloured images
Close up of the bottom flower
Here is my second page

Luckily for me I can also enter these Challenges
 Darnell’s #7 Never Before Used Stuff Challenge I am ashamed to admit the textured paper has been waiting for me to improve my skills with before I use it.  It is more than 15 years old and I have promised myself to not do that any more
Stamps & Stencils Challenge The Colours of Autumn
The Pencil Case Challenge #27 Anything Goes
We Love to Create Challenge #17 Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes


I am trying to improve my colouring skills and this time I will not give up on it so I am following the Crafters Companion Colorista Course on Facebook and I’ve picked up some great tips already.  Even though I don’t own the Colorista pens or pencils or even the Spectrum Noir pens or pencils you can still take part and I am very grateful for that.  Also help and advice is always very appreciated and the fact that this course is free is also very good!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Creative Expressions Fuchsia stamp #
Stencil:
1st page: Premium Craft Brands 12” square Fantasy stencil
2nd page: Tim Holtz layering stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI

Supplies
Card Paper:
The Works A5 journal
Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass A4 stamping card
Ingres art paper
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge & Landscape were used on the backgrounds
Colouring pencils
Distress IP: Antique Linen
Adhesives/Mediums:
The Works white gesso



5 comments:

rachel said...

this is beautiful Karen - love those fuchsias - gorgeous! Hugs rachel x

Jane Savage said...

Beautiful images beautifully coloured.
Thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case! Jane (DT) xxx

Scrappy Scatty said...

lovely - thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case
xx

Vintagehandmade said...

What a gorgeous make! I love your stamps and your awesome coloring! Thank you for joining us at Stamps and Stencils this month! Branka DT x

Team Clark said...

Beautiful coloring in your journal. I love that you took the colors from your layering paper and matched them so perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stamps and Stencils for our Colors of Autumn challenge. Hugs, Autumn