Wednesday, 24 August 2016

At last ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  I finally had some time to create a not card project and I have got to say I am so blooming happy that I finally got to finish it.  I created a dimensional piece of stamped mixed media hanging and here it is …

It's about A5 size
I promise it's not bent like the photo!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 A Vintage Journey Challenge Stencil It 
Allsorts Challenge #377 Fabulous Florals

 Anything But Cute Challenge Shabby Garden Board 
I hope you can see that I was inspired by the colours of the weather wood, the white garden ornaments and the pink flowers

 Country View Crafts Challenge Hot Summer Days
Craft Stamper Challenge Mask/Stencil and Stamps 
Crafty Boots Challenge Anything But A Card
 Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #40 Inspiration Photograph
I was inspired by the rich oranges and reds/pinks on the top of some of the toadstools, and two of the toadstools are bright white and the shades of green

The Craft Barn Challenge Two Weekly Challenge use Blue/Blues


This was so much fun to create.  I let my limited mixed media and distress style fingers out to play and I went darker and distressed more than the last time and I actually blooming like it!  There are a couple of layers chipboard here which probably aren’t evident I used a piece for the background which I created by sticking a patterned paper onto it and then trimming it.  The next day I applied texture paste to just the edges, top and bottom.  I knew I would cover most of it so I didn’t have to add it to the middle of the bottom panel.  Once dry I used my weathered wood distress re-inker to add a wash to the stencilled paper (this is something I will do again).  I cut another piece of paper from my stack and distressed the edges and used a white gesso wash to tone the colour down before applying it to the centre of the panel. 
I used my Spectrum Aqua pens to ink up the flower stamp and just before stamping it I sprayed my card with water and immediately stamped the flower in position.  Whilst the card was still damp I popped it into my MISTI and stamped the wings from the Paperbabe Pieridae butterflies in position (these stamps come in different parts which makes them extremely useful).  I used my heat tool to dry the card and realised that the flower was too pale.  Once again I used my Spectrum Aqua pens to ink up the stamp and I very lightly sprayed the card before stamping the flower again.  I love the way that turned out and again will be something I try again lol!  It was time for bed so I left everything to dry overnight before finishing the stamped panel.
The next day I die cut the fence, distressed my second layer of paper, squashed and distressed my blossoms with Distress ink pads and Spectrum Aqua pens.  I trimmed the stamped and watercoloured card and attached it to a piece of chipboard before attaching a layer of fun foam and double sided tape to the back so that it has lovely depth.  Once I was happy with the flowers I added them as the final touch. 

Whilst taking my photographs I realised that our camera sees Spectrum Noir Sparkle clear overlay as white dots: my butterflies have dandruff, grr!  It really is obvious to me that I need and want to spend more time playing and familiarising myself with my acrylic paints and other mixed media supplies because that is where my heart lies right now.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon too ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp:
Paperbabe Stamps: Pieridae Butterfly stamp set
All Night Media flower stamp (very old +10)
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Joy Craft: fence die
Stencil:
Unknown Script Stencil (thank you Carol)
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; paintbrushes; water pot; palette knife; paint palette

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Country View Crafts Chipboard sheets
Designer papers from my stash & rather old
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua pens: floral & nature sets
Spectrum Sparkle clear overlay pens
Tim Holtz Distress re-inker: weathered wood
Distress IP: Rusty Hinge; Picked Raspberry; Weathered Wood; Tumbled Glass
Embellishments:
Country View Crafts blossoms which I have cruelly squished
Adhesives/Mediums:
Country View Crafts: Ranger Texture Paste: matt; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; foam pads; The Works: white gesso


15 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Great hanging Karen, you can tell how much fun you had making this. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Dr Sonia S V said...

The flowers look especially lovely
Cheers
Dr Sonia

brenda said...

A really pretty floral and Butterfly creation for our theme this week Karen, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge again.

B x

Tracy Freeman said...

It's lovely Karen, so sorry for not popping by life has been crazy ! But slowed down now yay! I love the distressed bloom...gorgeous ❤️Sending hugs my lovely cxx

Redanne said...

Your chipboard hanging has a wonderful shabby chic feel to it Karen, the central flower is lovely. I thought at first that you had splattered the butterflies (which seems to be all the rage at the moment) and the flowers are the bottom are lovely!

Thanks so much for joining in our Shabby Garden challenge at Anything But Cute.

Thanks too, for joining in our Stencil It challenge at A Vintage Journey.

Anne x

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely display for our current challenge, lovely colours and thanks for sharing...
[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining our challenge at allsorts X

Sheryl said...

Lovely card using a variety of techniques. I like the butterflies !
Glad you joined us at Creative Artistes Mixed Media Challenge
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

Jane said...

It's great to see you dipping your inky fingers into mixed media Karen. Such a lovely wall hanging and perfect for our Hot Summer Days challenge over at Country View xx

Wheelie Crafty said...

Pretty... Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...

Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

Sue said...

Love it Karen, those blooms are beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a great weekend. Sue xx

Lisette Baker said...

Lovely hanging, the distressed blooms are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Lisa said...

Oh wow, what a gorgeous hanging!! The flower looks amazing!! I love the distressed flowers, too!! The colors are so beautiful!! The butterflies are stunning!! Thank you so much for playing along at Anything But Cute for our Shabby Garden challenge!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Evelyn Walter said...

A lovely hanging you created! Love the faded bloom and the distressed ones too!
Thank you for joining in our challenge at Country View Challenges!
xx Evelyn

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely to read you enjoyed making this piece. Love the dimension you achieved. Your butterflies have a lovely watercolour feel . Lovely. Thanks so much for joining in A Vintage Journey Challenge. Tracy x