Tuesday, 24 May 2016

Inspired by a photograph ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I’m back with a card and a little something else to share and show today and here is my card …

  
Another A6 and not too deep
 

A final look



And here is the little something else I created …

  
It's going to go on a piece of silk braid with a sliding knot
 

Sparkly and wonderful texture too!




 

A final look at both

I want to enter both my card and pendant into these Challenges
I was inspired by the blues and greens and metallic in this photograph
Card Mania Challenge CMC#80 Flowers

 I want to enter just my pendant into these challenges
 Anything But Cute Challenge
Mixed Media Celebrate Your StyleI never thought I would create or be able to create mixed media distressed projects that I would like but I love this!  I’m evolving and learning all the time and I love it!





When I saw the photograph I was immediately drawn by the rich shades of blues and greens as well as the tones of copper and gold.  I knew I wanted to try and create a card that captured the photographic elements what I didn’t expect was that I would also want to create a chipboard piece which is going to be a pendant for me: yay!

The photographed inspired me to create a blue, green and a little grey or black background, a heavily textured lime green piece of card to add texture to my card and chipboard.  I used my Spectrum Noir AquaTints to create the background, to colour the card that had texture medium added to it and to colour some parchment that I have added to the chipboard.  A lot of different techniques and supplies were used but I haven’t listed the processes as it would make this a very long post indeed.  If anyone has any questions please ask and I will answer as I am always more than happy to share the process on a separate tutorial post.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









 Tools
Stamp: Altenew Stamps: Whimsical Flowers stamp set
Stencil: Stamplorations Stamps: Gridlocked stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:  paintbrushes; heat tool; palette knife; paint palette; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping Card; parchment paper; Tando Creative Chipboard
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Primary; Beautifully Grunge
Artiste: gold acrylic paint
Gold UTEE #; Gold EP #; glitter #
Embellishments: Swarovski gems & metal pin heads #
Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue; Maimeri Glossy Gel; home made texture paste

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

18 comments:

Carol said...

These look fabulous Karen...gorgeous colours and textures. Hope you're well. Carol x
PS Thanks for joining in at HLS Mixed Media and STAMPlorations Mixed Media challenges this month too.

SARN said...

WOW - they are both stunning but I just LOVE the glitzy shiny one!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Team Clark said...

These are so cool! Way to think out of the box with such traditional stamps. You're right they do rock mixed media! Wish I knew how you achieved these bits of gold - gah! So awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Anything But Cute. <3

Redanne said...

Wow, wow, wow Karen, your pendant is stunning, the flower is gorgeous and I just love the wonderful background you created! Beautiful work.

Thanks so much for joining in our Celebrate Your Style challenge at Anything But Cute. Anne DT x

rachel said...

gorgeous pieces Karen - loving the card and the pendant - brilliant! thanks for joining us at countryview challenges! Hugs rachel x

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Hello Karen :) Excellent mixed media creation indeed! Lovely gold and the texture is so yummy. I don't know why but every time I read your blog post, I must scroll up and down :) Thank you for playing along at STAMPlorations May Mixed Media Challenge. Join us again in next challenge. Happy creating and have great days always!
Hugs&Smiles,
Asmah
STAMPlorations Mixed Media DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

Lisa said...

They are both so stunning!! The texture is amazing!! I love the designs!! Wow!! Thanks so much for playing along at Anything But Cute!!

Lisa DT
A Mermaid's Crafts

Craftyfield said...

Lovely card, that bit of stencilling lifts up the whole design! Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month.

Maria Lillepruun said...

Very interesting! Thank you for joining our challenge at MMW!

Ingrid Kristina V said...

wow! Gorgeous makes... I love them both! Thank you for sharing this beauty with us at Mixed Media World! Hugs, Ingrid x

Tanja said...

love those beautiful flowers - thanks for joining the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge

Sue said...

Ooh these are lovely Karen, beautiful colours and so rich. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Country View Crafts, and have a fun weekend. Sue xx

Monika Gulyas said...

Wow, your pendant is amazing!!! I love the gold background and your beautifully made blue flower!!! Thanks for joining the May Challenge of the Country View Challenges blog!

Katelyn said...

Fantastic card Karen! I love your flowers on your card. Thanks for joining us on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
-Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

kim TangledBlueRose said...

Love the pendant, so gorgeous! The gold color is wonderful. Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge!~kim

Cara said...

These ate just amazing, love them both. Cara x

Mona Pendleton said...

Such pretty cards! Those blossoms are beautiful!

Lena Holmström said...

Gorgeous project. Thank you for joining us at MMW this month!