Tuesday, 17 May 2016

Flowers Galore ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I have a multi media card to share with you today and here it is …


  
An unusually large card today - 8" square
She is so cute!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Card Mania Challenge CMC#80 Flowers
Craft Stamper Challenge May Anything Goes
Emerald Creek Dares Challenge The B’sballoons; bling; blossoms; brads; 
bunny; buttons; card for a baby
Noor Design UK Challenge Blog May Flowers
Pixie’s Snippets Playground #229: the sentiment and glitter paper are snippets
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Flowers: loads on the background
Stamping Sensations Challenge Anything Goes with a Stamp & Ribbon
The Cats Pajamas Challenge  TCP#314 Sentiments 
The Ribbon Girl Challenge May Any Image Challenge


I made this card in anticipation of an upcoming event.  That bunny is so stinking cute and it’s not my usual sort of stamp either, lol, but I couldn’t resist purchasing it after we found out Lady B’s pregnancy had passed by more than three months.  I’ve created a boy one too using the same image but more blue.  We won’t need that one at the moment but I will share it when I can.  Today was Lady B’s due date, we thought she would be a week late as first pregnancies don’t always arrive on time so we had a real shock when mum called to say Sophia Grace had arrived.  She is so pretty and we’re really looking forward to meeting her when they want us to visit.

I stamped and heat embossed the background using a stamp set I’ve owned for more than eight years and, hangs head in shame; it’s the first time it’s been used.   The background card is recycled because I was playing with my acrylics paints and it didn’t work so I turned the card over and used it for this background.  There’s a little acrylic paint transferral but I no longer worry about that because it helps to create a slightly shabby look.  I stamped and embossed the flowers with white EP and the leaf with green EP.

I used my Spectrum Noir Primary AquaTints set to colour the stamped and heat embossed background.  I created a pale pink wash that I used to colour the flowers then I dipped my paintbrush into the red AquaTints and into the centre of the flowers.  I left the card to dry overnight because I was being extra careful (I don’t normally do that) but I didn’t want the background flooding the flowers so I didn’t add it until the next day.

I stamped the bunny with a pale distress ink and attempted the no line colouring technique on the bunny.  I used my Spectrum Aqua pens to colour the bunny by scribbling them onto a plastic sleeve.  I then picked up the colour with a ‘just damp’ paintbrush.  It’s an awesome technique that I learnt from a tutorial on the Spectrum Noir blog.  I love it because it enables me to colour an image gently – hope that makes sense!  I drew around the cloud stencil kit with a blue Aqua pen and again gently dragged the colour out with a ‘just damp’ paintbrush (even the clouds look cute lol).

I then dug out loads of embellishments, ribbon, buttons and other bits and pieces and played around with a mock layout to figure out what I wanted to use.  I decided to use some WOC foundation flowers, two of the larger flowers and one of the smaller flowers would be coloured and have very pretty pink pearl brads go through them.  Because the foundation flowers are off white so I coloured them with Primary AquaTints, pale red and pale yellow washes.  I stamped the sentiments onto white card snippets and trimmed them by hand. 

I attached a snippet of pink glitter paper onto an 8” square card and then attached my stamped background butting it up to the edge.  I used ribbon to hide the join and then checked the layout once again before attaching the topper, the flowers and the stamped sentiments.  I then added pink buttons and one yellow felt duck: finished!

I tried not to create something over the top but I wanted to create something a bit special and boutique-like.  I think I achieved what I wanted.  I just hope that if Lady B does have a girl that the whole family will like/love my card.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Stamp: Crafter’s Companion Bebunni New Arrival stamp set
Artemio Stamps: 1000142  Japanese Elements set #
Stencil: Great Impressions Stamps: Cloud stencil kit
Miscellaneous Tools: heat gun; paintbrushes; water pot; anti-static bag

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion Sheena Douglass A4 stamping card
Crafter’s Companion Crafts UK 8” square card & envelope
Pink glitter paper #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Primary
Spectrum Noir Aqua pens:
WOW WJ03 green EP
White EP #
Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts Foundations White Blooms: 3cm and 4.5 cm
Waitrose store: felt duck (from Easter decoration pack)
Papermania pearl brads #; pink buttons; ribbon #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; Versamark IP; double sided tape; foam pads

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 6 years old

17 comments:

Kim Evans said...

Woo Hoo! 2 entries and this one is soooo adorable. I am in smiling precious moment. I want to go hug my daughter now. Hugs to you too

rachel said...

gorgeous card Karen and yes that image is seriously cute!!!Hugs rachel x

Cara said...

I'm sure this will be treasured, you have made such a wonderful keepsake. Congratulations on the new arrival. Cara x

brenda said...

What a lovely design in such pretty soft pinks for the new arrival Karen, I am sure it will be well received. Many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

SARN said...

This is so adorable! Sure to be treasured.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Dora said...

Beautiful! this is so cute. Also beautiful are the flowers.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

Di said...

Squeal! This is just perfect Karen - you know me and pink and it's such a beautifully designed and made baby card. Love it!

Hugs

Di xx

Gina Knott said...

Oh what a beautiful new baby card! I love the design and gorgeous pinks. Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

Brenda said...

This is absolutely perfect for a darling little girl. That bunny is adorable. I know this will be treasured. Thanks for joining us at The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday Challenge!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Such a cute card Karen, beautiful coloring for that image.
Thanks so much for joining us at Emerald creek dares this fortnight.

Craftychris said...

Ooh this is such a beautiful, cute, adorable card! It's a lovely keepsake and will be treasured I am sure! xxx

Viv's Visuals said...

Lovely card Karen. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations

LesleyG said...

such a delightful creation made with much love xxx

scrAPpamondo said...

So sweet and delicate!!! Love both your cards andthe little flowers are a delight!

Liz said...

Fabulous design, so much detail and I love the adorable image. xx

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautiful, girly and oh so sweet. Thank you for joining the TCP challenge at The Cat's Pajamas.

Sharon said...

This is such a pretty card. Love your adorable image and beautiful embellishments.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Noor Design UK
Hugs Sharon. x