Sunday, 22 May 2016

Butterflies and blossoms ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your having a good weekend is going well and please accept my apologies for lack of visits – I am hoping to be able to pop around and catch up next week, right now things are a little busy and somewhat frantic too, and of course, my back has been playing up this weekend when I am trying to get projects finished!  I have another home décor to share with you today and here it is …

   
It is so pretty and spring like!
With lots of lovely details
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
  

Craft Stamper Challenge May Anything Goes
Creative Artiste Challenge #14 Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge #129 Shabby Chic or Vintage



The more of these hangings that I create the more I want to keep lol!  But we would run out of room if I did that so DH and I have had a word and we are going to pick the ones we like the best to keep and display in our home and the others will go to family and friends, if they want them of course.  The other bonus, as far as I am concerned, is that I am finally using all the ‘best stuff’ that I have been hoarding for such a long time because I thought they were too good to add to a card or would make that card too deep (P&P issue wise). 

I cut the stamping card to slightly bigger than the chipboard piece.  The next step was to smooch Distress paints onto my craft mat which I lightly sprayed with water before mopping up the colour onto the card and used my heat gun to dry the paint in between applications until I was happy.  I stamped and embossed the butterflies onto the background and also added some crackle paste through a Tando Creative stencil.

I used some of the remaining white card to stamp and heat emboss the butterflies onto and coloured them with my AquaTints and this time I didn’t dilute them too much.  One word though I wish I had written down what colours and proportion I used to create the awesome teal colour!  Tim Holtz’s Distress Peacock Feather colour is very similar to that and I love that colour so much.  I fussy cut the butterflies and attached them onto the chipboard by gluing just the body of the butterfly in position.  I coloured Wild Orchid Crafts Cherry Blossoms with pink AquaTints and once dry I added pink Stickles glitter glue.  I punched two holes for the ribbon to be thread through then attached the word band by feeding ribbon through the slots on that and took the ribbon around the back so that the ends would be hidden.  I then played around with the layout of the rest of the embellishments and attached them in position.  My final step was to add a piece of card to the back of the chipboard so that the ribbon was  hidden.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp: Tim Holtz Perspective stamp set
Stencil: Tando Creative Sequin Waste stencil
Miscellaneous Tools: heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Country View Crafts: Chipboard
Crafter’s Companion: Sheena Douglass A4 Stamping Card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Country View Crafts
DecoArt: white crackle paste
Tim Holtz Distress Paints:

Crafter’s Companion
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Primary

White EP #
Embellishments:
Tim Holtz Idea-Ology: word band
Wild Orchid Crafts: cherry blossoms; chrysanthemums

Stickles Glitter glue pink #; ribbon #; oriental coins #; heart charm #; butterfly bead #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape (for the ribbon)


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase or what brand or company I purchased these are from because they are at least 6 years old

18 comments:

brenda said...

Butterflies and Blossoms make the perfect combination in my book Karen, it's a delightful creation.

B x

Cara said...

This is just wonderful. Love all the different textures and colour palette. It's fun to finally use some of the good stuff isn't it! Cara x

SARN said...

Simply FABULOUS xxx

Tracy Freeman said...

Hello lovely lady,
First of all this is so pretty, i LOVE the butterflies.

Second, i hope you are doing ok and not overdoing anything. Sorry for not stopping by, blogger has been a total arse and not letting me comment on lots of peoples blogs, but hopefully it is sorted now.
Sending hugs xxx

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi Karen this is stunning I love the butterflies. Thank you for joining us at <a href='http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk/’> Creative Artiste Challenge Blog </a> for challenge 14 Anything Goes. Hugs Jackie DT

rachel said...

really pretty work Karen - love those butterflies and I adore the stencil work - thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck! Hugs Rachel x

Katelyn said...

Another fantastic home decor piece Karen! I love all of the different pieces you have added. Thanks for playing along with us on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
-Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

Redanne said...

This is such a pretty piece of home decor, the butterflies are stunning! Thanks so much for joining in our Celebrate Your Style at Anything But Cute. Anne DT x

Sara Barker said...

Beautiful! I love your gorgeous, gorgeous butterflies flitting above the pretty flowers!

While I'm here, I want to thank you for sharing your home decor with us at Anything But Cute for our Celebrate Your Style challenge--this is so your style! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is stunning, Karen!! I love the beautiful butterflies!! The colors are gorgeous!! The design and details are fabulous!! What an awesome tag!! Thanks so much for playing along at Anything But Cute!!

Lisa DT
A Mermaid's Crafts

Wheelie Crafty said...

Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...

Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

Ruth said...

What a lovely piece of home decor, love butterflies and pink so this is perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Ruth x

Debbie Ellis said...

Your creation has turned out stunning, love love the butterflies
thanks for joining our challenge over at
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
Debbie DT

Avril Watson said...

Karen, this is utterly gorgeous, love the soft colours you have used here. Thank you for sharing with us at Things to Alter, this month, best of luck, hugs Avril Watson DT member.

rachel said...

hiya Karen - just popping back to say thanks for joining us at stamps and stencils this month. Hugs rachel x

Carol said...

A very pretty piece Karen. Thanks for joining us at the Stencil Sunday Mixed Media challenge in May. Carol DT x
I hope to get time for a proper catch up soon!

Katie Lamb said...

Gorgeous project and love all the layers. Thank you for playing along with Things to Alter

Brenda said...

What a beautiful home decor piece Karen! I am loving those beautiful butterflies and the soft colors of this one. Very springy/summery. I can see why you are in love with these butterfly stamps, I am in love with them too. Have a wonderful weekend and I hope your back gives you relief soon! Hugs, Brenda