Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Spring has sprung ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I have had a few projects on the go and thankfully I finally got to finish and photograph one over the weekend and here it is …

This is about 10cm x 20cm
You can see the depth from the funky foam
A final look I hope you like it - we do!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 Anything But Cute Challenge #12 earth day
I was inspired by the blue & the flowers

Craft Stamper Challenge Spring Flowers
Frilly & Funky Challenge It’s Not Easy Being Green




A couple of months ago the very lovely and mega talented Kim Costello (of Paperbabe stamps) shared this awesome video tutorial Kim used a paper napkin to create fantastic texture on a MM piece of art and I wanted to give it a go.  I had DH order me a specific design of paper napkins that I loved whilst doing the online grocery shopping.  The images on my napkins are very pretty however they are very, very thick.  I’d assumed that they were multiple ply and I would be able to remove a layer or two. 

This time I didn’t completely follow Kim’s tutorial but I did learn something new, lol, and I will be trying something different with these napkins in future.  The chipboard I used was the last of a 12” square thick piece that I recycled.  Some of my paper stash had gorgeous thick chipboard or similar packaging on the back of the packs.  I said had because I have nabbed them all for my practicing so next I will start on the chipboard sheets I won from Country View Crafts. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Stamp: very old Dogwood Rose stamp #
Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; heat tool; bulldog clips water pot; Big Bite

Supplies
Card Paper:
Thick recycled product packaging
Snippets of Sheena Douglass A4 White Stamping Card
Sainsbury’s: pretty napkins
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Landscape
Versafine IP: black
DecoArt & Pebeo acrylic paints
Embellishments:
Twine (thank you Ruza)
Adhesives/Mediums:
Maimeri Glossy Gel; Collall all purpose glue; funky foam; double sided tape

# VOS: very old stamp no idea who made it originally, 10+ years old

15 comments:

S@ndy Diller said...

Such lovely flowers, the colors are perfect for spring. Thanks for traveling with us at A Vintage Journey.

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Beautiful, Karen! That flower stamp is awesome, and I first thought it was from Rubber Dance as I do have the same one - it's from an antique book (no copyrights), so several stamp companies have it in their line :-)
Thank you for joining our spring challenge once more ♥

SARN said...

Oh this is SOOOO pretty Karen. Love it to pieces. xxx

Sara Barker said...

Beautiful wall hanging, Karen, and so clever of you to up and recycle products! I would never have guessed this was made from napkins! The flowers look like a stamp I have--I just practiced with it--well maybe a month ago, so it's still fresh in my mind! Gorgeous colors!

Thank you for including this beauty in our Earth Day challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

Zoe Tant said...

Beautiful plaque Karen. Ilove the colours and texture. Hope all good with you. Zx

cuilliesocks said...

What a pretty little plaque Karen, I love the colours and the beautiful flowers, Kate x

rachel said...

a beautiful hanger Karen - those flowers just pop - they look beautiful - thanks for joining us at cvc this month too! Hugs rachel x

Cara said...

Beautiful plaque, love the trio of flowers. Cara x

Vintagehandmade said...

A beautiful piece of art with such lovely flowers and awesome colors!
Thank you so much for joining in our Earth Day challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DT x

Samra Leshinski said...

Gorgeous work!!!
Thank you for joining our Earth Day challenge at Anything But Cute!
Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

ionabunny said...

Pretty project. Love those popped up flowers. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance Challenge. Hugz

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a wonderful project! I love the colors you chose to! The dimension is just fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Frilly and Funkie "It's Not Easy Being Green" Challenge!

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow, gorgeous Karen! I love your use of recycled cardboard, a favourite of mine I use often!! Stunning flowers, just love the end product! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'It's Not Easy Being Green' challenge and for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Earth Day' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Team Clark said...

I so love using stamps as the focal images for 3D mixed media! This is a fabulous and inspiring example of such. Great work!

butterfly said...

Such a sweet springtime flower trio. Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison x