Monday, 4 April 2016

Sharing the Love Day #1 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well.  I managed to do a little crafting over the weekend, especially for some challenges, so I have several creations to share with you this week and here is my first one …


 
I said the last time I used this stamp I adore it and I think the versatility of it is fabulous!
  
Those cute little birds and all those great words!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Critters & Creatures Link Up #3 at Ellibelle’s Blog
I chose to use the blue colour scheme
The Pencil Case Challenge #16 P for Pretty
Winnie & Walter Stamps Blog Share the Love Week Day 1
Featuring Felecity by Pinkfresh Studio
I was inspired by the second of Shay’s cards, seen her.  I really recommend you go take a look especially if you love your dies.  The way that Shay has used a large background die is gorgeous, unusual and inspiring.  I will be die cutting some of my dies to see how they look behind vellum or parchment


I don’t have a large background die, currently, so I got my W&W Happy die and die cut it three times onto a piece of A6 card.  I used a snippet of PP to back the die cut card then I attached a snippet parchment on top of that.  I glued my panel onto an A6 card.  I stamped the words from the W&W stamp set onto snippets of white card and glued them onto the layered panel.  I stamped the bird onto two snippets and coloured them with my Spectrum Noir ATs.  I splattered some ink onto the layered panel; I am obsessed with doing that right now.  I fussy cut the birds out and attached them onto the layered panel; I added a little sparkle with my Sakura pens and added several sequins to embellish my card.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Winnie & Walter Stamps: Happiest of Holidays stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug Die Cutting Machine; Winnie & Walter Stamps In a Word Happy Cutaway/die
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pot water

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card
Snippets: white card for stamping; parchment paper #; Basic Grey paper #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Landscape set
Versafine IP: black
Distress IP: Shabby Shutters
Sakura Sparkle gel pens #
Embellishments:
Silver sequins (EBay)
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old

15 comments:

Joi at RR said...

Soooo sweet.... just lovely Karen. j.

Ellibelle said...

Such a pretty card Karen! The sentiment goes so well with the cute birds! Great choice of colors too!
Thanks so much for playing along in my Critters and Creatures Linky party!

Suchi said...

Those cute little birdies look very adorable against the white! Sweet card Karen! :)
Suchi xx

brenda said...

Another lovely creation Karen, love the pretty little birds and the sequins dotted about add a pretty touch of sparkle.

B x

rachel said...

Those birdies are very cute karen. Lovely x

Barb said...

This card is so pretty Karen and that little bird is so cute. Barbxx

SARN said...

Absolutely adorable! xxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Karen, the little birds are adorable and I love the background and sentiment too, very lovely :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Sara Barker said...

Love those little birds, Karen! Real sweet! Hugs!

Brenda said...

Awww, I am so loving this card Karen!! The birds are so dear but it is that sentiment that I am so loving!! Hugs, Brenda

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty!

Cindy C. said...

SWEET!!! The blue birds are so cute, and I love the splatter in the background! Thanks for joining in the fun at Die Cut Diva's.

Kate said...

Such a sweet card :) I love those little birdies. Thanks for playing at seven hills craft challenge.
Kate xx

Arlene said...

Love seeing your blue birds. Lovely.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Jenny said...

Such a cute card, I love the softness the vellum gives to the background :)
Thanks for playing along with our colour challenge this month at Seven Hills Crafts :)
Jenny x