Wednesday, 13 April 2016

A second off the page project ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  
I had a shock this morning.  One Hundred Followers, I mean 100 followers, wow!   Thank you so very much everyone.  You have made this grumpy female a little happier today.  I didn’t expect it to happen so quickly.  It took me a while to log in today because my back is having a fibro flare and that’s why I’m a little grumpy lol!  
I have four chipboard off the page projects on the go right now and I’m hoping I have found ‘my zone’ when creating these mixed media projects.  I have learnt to multi task the MM projects because of the drying time required.  I am hoping that I can get a project finished this week as well as finishing a couple of cards we need.  Sadly my painting/colouring in with acrylics needs a lot more practice.  Okay I will stop my waffling now and get back to sharing today’s project

 
I love it!  When am I going to stop wanting to keep these lol?
All that lovely paint and ink
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
I was inspired by the flowers and the green
Craft Stamper Challenge Spring Flowers


That’s Crafty Challenge All Things Bright & Beautiful


This is supposed to be for the present box but the OH loves it so it may not make it out of the house.  I’m planning multiples of these for us and because I think they are going to be requested by our family.  The great thing is the projects I am working on now are totally different to this one and so I shouldn’t bore you too quickly lol!  I’m hoping to create more with the Tim Holtz Flower Garden set soon because I love that stamp set a lot and can imagine it being used in many different ways and colours too.


Quite a few of my off the page experiments will be shared over the next couple of months so I hope you are not bored with them.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp: Tim Holtz Flower Garden stamp set
Stencil: Stamplorations Stamps: Gridlocked stencil
Miscellaneous Tools: 
Paintbrushes; pipettes; pot of water; sponge; palette knife; Crop A Dile

Supplies
Card Paper
Country View Crafts: Chipboard
Patterned paper #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge & Landscape sets
Spectrum Noir Sparkle: Clear overlay pen
Versafine IP: black
Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts: Pretty Blossoms
EBay: white sequins
Twine: thank you Ruza (one of my HOC DT mates)
Adhesives/Mediums:
Pebeo matt medium; Collall all purpose glue; Washi tape; The Works white gesso


23 comments:

Little Artbee said...

Wonderful Art Work with great texture.
Greetings
Sabine

Cara said...

I just love it! I can see why it might not make it past the front door. Sorry to hear that you have been in pain, I hope it eases soon and doesn't wipe you out too much. Cara X

rachel said...

absolutely gorgeous work Karen - I adore these flowers and the texture is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at countryview challenges and good luck - hugs rachel x

SARN said...

Yep - I'd keep that too. It's GORGEOUS xxx

Mrs A. said...

Congratulations on your followers. I love these panels Karen and I love your painting. Colours and texture is gorgeous. hugs Mrs A.

Vintagehandmade said...

Wonderful project! I love your flowers!
Thank you so much for joining in our Earth Day challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DT x

brenda said...

Well done Karen, I know it's a second time round for you so probably makes it even more special.

I absolutely adore your tag, both the textural composition and that adorable daisy - however, I think you should carry a public health warning as I am now off to hunt down that stamp set - but hey ho, what the devil it's all in the name of craft so meant to be fun.

B x

Debbie Ellis said...

love love your creation, love the texture
thanks for joining our challenge over at
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
Debbie DT

Tracy Freeman said...

Morning my lovely, another fantastic project, the texture on your projects are always spot on.
I hope all is well with you ? sending hugs xxx

Sara Barker said...

Congratulations on making that milestone and on this beauty of a wall hanging. I can't blame you a bit for wanting to keep it! Gorgeous textures!

And while I'm here, I'll say thank you for entering this into our Earth Day Challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

Redanne said...

Congratulations on your first 100 Karen! I just love the Cone Flower and you have coloured it beautifully. I love the texture you created too. Thanks so much for joining in our Spring is in the Air challenge at A Vintage Journey.

Thanks too for joining in our Earth Day challenge at Anything But Cute. Anne xx

S@ndy Diller said...

Love the texture and colors you have used here. Spring is definitely
in the air. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey.

Katelyn said...

Beautiful project! The colours and textures are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
-Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

Brenda said...

I'm sorry you are having a flare in your back Karen, I know what that feels like. I'm flaring all over right now and it does tend to make one grouchy when they are hurting all over. I am loving your beautiful art work though! Those flowers are just gorgeous, love the texture with the white blocks, the flowers and sequins. I don't blame you for loving this one too. You need to hang it up in your home or studio somewhere to make you smile each day! Hugs, Brenda

Judy McKay said...

Love it. Beautiful piece of art. The colours and textures are wonderful Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see your lovely art work back her again soon. Judy DT

Rein said...

This is gorgeous!

kim TangledBlueRose said...

Fabulous colors and texture, really love the flowers! So wonderful and fresh. Congratzz on 100 followers, that is great! Thanks so much for playing at STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge!~kim

Darnell J Knauss said...

Congratulations on your follower milestone, Karen, the first of many! I'm sorry to hear you are having a flare. You know you have my admiration for how you push through and manage to make such stunning works of art like this! Your hubs has excellent taste and I agree with him - this needs to stay in your own home where you can enjoy it!! Take care. Sending prayers and hugs, Darnell

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous, thanks for sharing this with us at Country View.xxx

Paradise Lost said...

Wonderful creation! Thank you for sharing it at Emerald Creek Dares!
{julia}

Linda said...

What a beautiful work of art .... no wonder you don't want to give it away! Love the colours and the texture. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Samra Leshinski said...

Thank you for joining our Earth Day challenge at Anything But Cute!
Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

Julia S-W said...

I wouldn't let this gorgeous panel out of my sight!! Beautiful flowers and love the way the background and the flowers blend together so superbly. A stunner. Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Julia x