Friday, 25 March 2016

AquaTints in the Cosmos ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, Happy Easter Wishes to you all (if you don’t have faith please don’t be offended, it’s a long weekend).  I hope your week is going well.  I decided to play with my Spectrum Noir AquaTints (ATs) and white card snippets and that means I have a card to share with you and here it is …

  
An A6 card which certainly packs a colour punch!
Lots of shimmer and shine and the gorgeous colours
The sentiment seems perfect
Yes I am happy!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges 

I might be stepping out too far but the Industrial theme reminds me of machinery.
Machinery was used to create a spacecraft and a space station. 
A spacecraft took our Major Tim Peakes to the International Space Station.
 That’s my inspiration and I’ve been trying to create something that looked like it might be the Milky Way or view from the I.S.S.

C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #356 Add Some Bling 
Crop Stop Blog #14 Linky Party 
 Happy Little Stamper’s Mixed Media Challenge Water: so much of that used here!
February 2014 Three Colour Challenge: Blue; Brown; Purple/Plum no black or white
The Pencil Case Challenge #15 O for Opulent: I think this fits


I used my ATs neat which gives lots of lovely rich colour.  I had two white snippets which I assumed would completely cover a card, but I didn’t check: naughty me!  So I dampened the white snippets with water before using the two shades of blue, two shades of green and one red.  I left them to dry and created my own shimmer spray using my Perfect Pearls ‘Pearl’ (the white) and water into one of my spray bottles and I sprayed it randomly over the cards.  Once that was dry I attached a stencil to the card and added a thin layer of Dreamweaver Copper embossing paste (another tub of supplies used) then I sprinkled deep blue glitter onto the cards. 

I created an A6 card and then realised the two small snippets weren’t big enough to cover a card.  I glued my two star panels onto the card and a coloured snippet from my stash.  I seem to create a lot of backgrounds with shades of blue there were quite a lot like my star background.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment onto another ATs snippet and added that to the card (I’m reasonably sure that one was coloured with the Beautifully Grunge ATs).  So one card created with white snippets and coloured by me snippets.  Yippee the snippets bags aren’t quite as full now and the last of some rather old embossing paste was used up: got to love that!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp:
Tim Holtz Perspective stamp set (sentiment)
Stencil:
Magazine star stencil (from 2015 I think)
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat tool; Inkessentials spray bottle; paintbrushes; palette knife; pipettes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Snippets Sheena Douglass stamping card; 300 gsm card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Landscape
Ranger Perfect Pearls: Pearl
EP: gold detail
Embellishments:
Mrs Grossman metallic stickers #; dark blue glitter #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Dreamweaver Copper embossing paste; Versamark IP

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 9 years old

13 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Looking very much like the cosmos. Very shimmery and i go along with your thinking. Hugs Mrs A.

Wheelie Crafty said...

Wow Karen, I love the colours you have created, and the quote I love...
Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...

Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx

rachel said...

this is fabulous Karen - the background is truely beautiful - love it to bits xx

Sara Barker said...

BEAUTIFUL! Loving the shimmer and the colors! Hugs!

Di said...

Great card Karen - love reading how you create your works of art. And yes, it does look like the cosmos - you know that look when you can see more and more stars way into the far distance behind the closer ones - magic!

Hugs

Di xx

SARN said...

LOVE this snippets card Karen.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Rahmat said...

It looks stunning, you have successfully created the cosmos on your card, and it looks brilliant, thanks for joining us at ATSM.

Mandy LaCroix said...

Fabulous card! :)
Thanks for sharing it over at Addicted to Stamps & More! :)

Jane Savage said...

Lovely design, great texture!
Thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case! Jane (DT) xxx

Becca Cruger said...

This is so sparkly and pretty!!! It made me gasp! Looooove the texture of the stars - it makes me want to rub my fingers all over it!

Brenda said...

I hope you had a blessed Easter Karen! I love your card, the stars, the background the sentiment-it's all fabulous! Hugs, Brenda

Tanja said...

love the sentiment and the texture - thanks for sharing your creation at the HLS Mixed Media Challenge

Susan said...

Love the stars and the beautiful aqua tint background! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.