Wednesday, 11 November 2015

Distressed in blue, with a little red and yellow too ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week going well.  I am so sorry I have been MIA for a while it was the usual issue and combining that with new medication, details below. Anyways I’ve a card to share with you and here it is …

 
A 5"x7" card for a change! 
I am trying to channel hot warm colours because I feel achy and sore!
The last of these flowers
A final look

Created especially for these Challenges
Crafting Musketeers Challenge #31 Anything But Square
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Use a Stamp or a Digi

Crop Stop Challenge Blog #11 Link Party 
As long as you usual something they stock in the shop you can enter their challenges:
a fabulous challenge opportunity and you don’t have to have purchased it from them

the flowers were stamped onto a snippet of textured card
I used the blue & red but didn’t chose to create Christmas this time
Scrap & Craft Challenge #15 Shabby Chic or Vintage
I have been inspired by the Remembrance poppies &
N for Naughty: supposed to be creating Christmas cards and not experimenting!
The Cat’s Pajamas Challenge TCPTUES303 Anything Goes


Many different mediums were used to create this card.  I used H2Os to stamp the flowers with onto a white card snippet.  Once the H2O had dried a little I was able to drag out some of the stamped paint lines to colour the whole flower and I love to do that because it’s an easy way to achieve the no line stamp look which in turn makes me look artsy, even if it isn’t artsy lol!  Once I coloured all of the flowers I left the panel to dry before colouring the white background with blue H2O.  I used old papers to cover a card and then I used my Pan Pastels to add blue to the edges and to create a distressed look on the card.  I think these papers came with a magazine but I can’t remember lol!  I am doing my best to use up that old paper although I may end up doing a UK candy of DP/PP; unfortunately the cost of international P&P makes it too expensive for me to post internationally.
I’ve not been creating or blogging because I was in so much pain and I’ve had so many issues with that and the fall out that it creates.  Last week I had to see my GP and he has finally agreed with us that my back pain and fibromyalgia is a lot worse.  I actually broke down, the last couple of months have been hard with very little relief from the pain and not enough sleep.  Normally I’m resistant to taking more meds because of how many I take for pain, depression, and to stop the RA doing any more damage.  After a lot of prodding from me and the RA department he’s finally agreed to me trying a different and new to me medication.  One of the immediate side affects has been a case of severe zombie-fied for about a week; the first few days were a complete blur. 
Prior to that I hadn’t created anything new for a while and now we’re hoping I may be getting over the worse of the zombies because I actually stamped a couple of images today and I am going to colour them next: yay!  I’m hoping to get back to it and getting Xmas prepped with those special cards and other stuff and I hope to be visiting you all soon too.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp: Tim Holtz flower garden stamp set

Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; heat gun; pot of water; spray bottle of water; ink blending tool and foam

Supplies
Card Paper: 300 gsm card; DP/PP#; snippet linen texture white card for stamping

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress IP: faded jeans
H2O paints#: I don’t have the name of these as I have finished the little tubs but I do know that I used a blue, gold, green, red and yellow

Embellishments: WOC flowers #; blue ribbon from stash #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape; Collall all purpose glue


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old


23 comments:

rachel said...

Oh Karen - I really do feel for you - i hope the new meds work well for you hun! I love todays card - the colours are just beautiful - thanks for joining us at cuntryview challenges too! Big hugs rachel x

Brenda said...

Karen, what ever you were channeling certainly worked! This card is gorgeous. I love that the flowers seem to pop right off the paper. I am glad you are feeling a bit better and pray for even more improvement in the very near future.

StirYourCreativity said...

Fabulous card Karen.The flowers just stand out, loved their colors

SARN said...

That's a VERY pretty card Karen.

Let's hope that once the new meds get properly into your system they help you have less pain and a better quality of life. Unfortunately, it seems too many Doctors have to consider budget restraints and dole out cheaper meds over something that might help the patient more. Not their fault . . . just the way it is!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

A beautiful card Karen. I love all the techniques you've used. A card to brighten anyone's day. Sorry you're feeling achey today. Hope you feel better soon. Barbxx

Pamellia Johnson said...

Gorgeous Karen, love the bright and cheery colour palette! hugs :)

Karon said...

Thank you for taking the time to stop my blog and leave such a wonderful comment. I love this card - beautiful flowers and colours. Karon

Di said...

Wow Karen, this really is so fabulous! The dimension is amazing, wonderful colours and such a beautiful design. Nothing wrong with your mojo here girl!

Oh I feel for you with so much pain chick, I hope the new meds will help. Constant pain is absolutely no fun to live with.

Hugs

Di xx

Kelly Patricia said...

Really beautiful. Such gorgeous colours and detailing. They certainly warmed me. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting Musketeers Challenge ☺ xx

Jo Rice said...

A gorgeous card , great design , lovely warm colours. Thank you for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy Challenge blog. And I hope you are feeling better......Jo. X

Carol said...

Love this Karen, so colourful and artsy. Hope the meds kick in and the zombies leave soon. Carol x

Suzi said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to come join in our Shabby Chic or Vintage challenge over at Scrap and Craft Inspirations. Your entry is beautiful. Good luck! Hugs Suzi x

Cathy said...

This is so pretty Karen, I hope you are feeling better soon, Cathy x

Anna-Karin said...

This is beautiful Karen! The flowers are gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!! I hope you feel better soon.

Donna said...

This card is so BEAUTIFUL, Karen :)
Absolutely gorgeous and so very pretty.
Take care of yourself. x

Team Clark said...

Awesome mixed media vCard! Congrats on your snippets shoutout! <3

Nancy Thomas said...

Gorgeous card filled with creativity. I hope you continue to better too. Thank you for joining The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday challenge.

ionabunny said...

Very pretty card. A lovely blast of summer at this grey time of year. Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Ileana A. said...

Wow, this is a wonderful creative creation!I lve your techniques!
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge "Use stamp or digi!.
Ileanaxx

Julie E said...

What gorgeous blooms - the texture looks great. Thanks for joining in the fun at TCP!

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Fab flowers and lovely card, Karen. I sure hope you feel better now!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Rubber Dance!
Happy Holidays! ♥

Kristiina Majuri said...

Lovely card, wishing you good luck with the Rubber Dance challenge :)

Susanne Rose said...

Beautiful flowers! Thank you for playing along with us over at the Rubber Dance Challenge. Use "susanne2015" on your next order in the Rubber Dance online store to save 15%! I wish you lovely holidays. xx Susanne.