Saturday, 17 October 2015

A sketchy ...

Hello lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend has started well. Before I get to today’s creation I wanted to thank all of you for the lovely comments you have left on my last two creations.  I'm happy that you liked my experiments with the SNATs and stamps.  I got to create a quick card for some challenges today and here it is …
  
  
A simple card but I love it! 
The ombre effect is one of my favourite things! 

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
As You Like It Challenge Monochrome or Colour & Why
I love bright and cheerful colours.  Colour can and does regularly help to lift my mood and that’s important because I suffer from S.A.D. and anything that helps is a bonus
Butterfly Challenge #40 Butterflies & E for Embossing
Eclectic Ellapu Challenge For A Cause: Pink for Breast Cancer
Papertake Weekly Challenge two shades of red and two stamps
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Wonderful Watercolour
Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge October use orange &/or grey
I don’t have a favourite colour because I’ve learnt I love nearly all colours 
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #266 Watercolour 
Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge #331 CAS/Fussy & Fancy: CAS


When I saw the sketch at Stamplorations at the beginning of the month I knew exactly what I wanted to try to create.  I know I’m very late to the ombre party but I have loved it for a long time.  I attempted ombre with my Distress inks but I could not achieve such lovely depth of colour without streaks in the ink.  I was in pain in my arms, back, hands and neck before I finished my ombre panel too.

If you love the gorgeous seamless and effortless blending that Tim Holtz achieves every time but, just like me, you struggle with the effort required then do yourself a favour and order at least one set of AquaTints inks!  I generally don’t like to encourage more spending but I created an ombre panel using two shades of red in less than ten minutes: and that includes the drying time too!  I used my Perfectly Primary set, #11 and #12, the two reds (IMHO one of those reds is orange lol!). 

The strip at the bottom is am ombre snippet from yesterdays tag (trying to crusade with no snippets left behind and use up my backgrounds), and a last minute brain ping and I love that strip of colour and blended inks.  I plan to add this sketch to my Pinterest board because I want to see if I have small Christmas stamps that would work beautifully for this card.  I’m struggling with my Christmas card preparation and I think quick, CAS and easy may well be the order of the day to get me back on track. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x








Tools & Supplies
Stamp:  Stamplorations 4” x 6” Trendy Butterflies stamp set
Stencil: Artplorations Droplets stencil
Miscellaneous Tools: heat tool; paint brushes; pot of water; paint palette
Card Paper: snippets of Crafter’s Companion A4 Watercolour card; 300gm white card
Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary AquaTints; WOW clear EP
Embellishments: skittles #
Adhesives/Mediums: double sided tape; Collall all purpose glue

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

16 comments:

rachel said...

great ombre Karen - thi is beautiful x

Carol said...

Love the ombre Karen, a beautiful make. Carol x
PS you'll find a link to the alcohol marker marbling on my tutorials page...save you hunting!

Mrs A. said...

I love it too. Such a pretty Ombre effect with your gorgeous butterflies.
Thankyou for fluttering by again #40 hugs Mrs A.

brenda said...

As always a beautiful creation Karen, hope you have a good Sunday.

B x

Barb said...

Your card is lovely Karen. You've certainly mastered the ombre technique.Barbxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Thanks for joining us at AYLI this week Karen with your gorgeous, ombre CAS card. Hope you are feeling better too.
Lorraine DT

Suzanne C said...

Sweet card. Lovely ombre butterflies and base! Thanks for joining us in the Watercolor challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown, good luck!!! Amy DT

Taunya Butler said...

What a lovely, lovely card!! Love the colors and the styling of this card is so wonderful!!! Hope you have a super good week!!

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Very pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown challenge!
hugs!
Pam
TT DT

NGCARDS said...

A very pretty creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Sarah said...

What a super colourful creation that I can see is perfect to brighten your day and also perfect for us as AYLI. Good Luck!! Sarah :0)

Anja Curvers said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

Becca Cruger said...

Pink perfection! Isn't it great when you see a sketch and an idea just instantly pops into your head? :) Thank you so much for playing along at STAMPlorations!

Deepti said...

This is beautiful Karen ! I like those sparkling skittles :) thank you for sharing with ATCAS :)

Wei Wei Wang said...

Such a pretty card! Love the pink ombre colors. Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations.