Monday, 28 September 2015

Throwing it all at a tag and loving it ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Yep back with a second very quick post as I’ve another project I want to enter certain challenges.  This tag is one of my favourite September creations.  I wanted to stretch myself and my skills too.  I am in love with the end result of this tag and if I could only ever create one style for the rest of my life then this is the style I would choose and here it is …


 
Some of the stamping and stencilling
A final look
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 Lisa B Designs Challenge projects created with acrylic paint BGs

I chose the January 2015 colours this time

Stamplorations Stencil Sunday #10 Mixed Media Challenge 
That’s Crafty Challenge Girls Will Be Girls 

  Vintage Stamping Challenge #36 Tic Tac Toe
I chose monochrome; flowers & metal


 I’ve just realised that I used the Stamplorations butterfly mask again lol!  Okay I am not going to explain every single step I took as it would take me a long time and several posts, lol, so if anyone would love to know how I created this tag leave me a comment and I’ll do a tutorial in October.  To be quick and brief I drew around the butterfly images with a colouring pencil then used my SNATs to colour the butterflies.  Once dry I re-positioned that mask and then started playing with acrylic paints, Perfect Pearls, and more SNATs.  The SNAT pops even more when added over acrylic paint and that was a huge surprise!  The butterflies were stamped with old chalk IPs and then fussy cut out.  I coloured the flowers and metal embellishments with acrylics and other products.  The bird is one I made with my MS mould: simples not but fun and educating: heck yes!!

I was hoping to reach 60 Followers with my candy and I am overwhelmed and over the moon with the amount of you lovely new Followers and Friends that I now have: thank you, thank you, thank you!  Your support means more than you would ever know.  

I’ll be back again tomorrow with another project or two and I'm hoping to get my Tim Holtz tag created before the end of the month too, I'm busy right now and loving it!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x









Tools & Supplies
Stamp: Stamplorations Trendy Butterflies stamp set

Stencil: Stamplorations Shower of Butterflies stencil

Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; pot of water; heat gun

Card/Paper: Crafter’s Companion watercolour paper and snippets of it too

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints Perfectly Primary
Perfect Pearls Blue
DecoArt Americana Satin Acrylic Paint: buff; turquoise

Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts: Ivory Cherry Blossom
The Ribbon Girl: pale blue striped twine ribbon
7mm thin satin ombre ribbon # ; metal flowers # ; metal stars #
              
Adhesives/Mediums: double sided tape; Collall sticky glue


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

16 comments:

Louise said...

very pretty. i'll look forward to seeing your Tim Holtz tag

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Stunning!! When I saw the headline I wasn't sure what to expect, but it wasn't this! LOL! It's very beautiful, Karen - love it all!! Thank you for entering our September challenge once more. Good use of our January colour scheme!
Congrats with a bunch of new followers!!

Sandie Gough said...

oooh I like a lot!
The colours are just glorious hunnie, so so pretty x love the effects too xx

SARN said...

That's an absolutely GORGEOUS tag Karen. Lots of interesting things going on on top of it. FAB

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Jo said...

FABulous tag Karen, love that bird!
hugs Jo x

Team Clark said...

Really cool tag, great process!

Majo said...

Beautiful! Such a cute little birdie! Thanks so much for joining our 1 year anniversary challenge! ♥

rachel said...

so many lovely elements Karen - really brilliant! Love it all! hugs rachel xx

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

Such a great tag, I love the background. Thanks for joining the Lisa B Designs challenge.

Virginia Lu said...

Love the close-up photos! The colors are gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “No Design Paper” Challenge!

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

what a beautiful 3D tag ! thank you so much for plaing with us at The Artistic Stamper !
xxx Titbelsoeur DT

Craftyfield said...

Lovely tag for our game of Tic Tac Toe at Vintage Stamping Challenges. Glad you played with us this month!

Susanne Rose said...

Beautiful!!! Thank you for entering the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge. Hugs, Susanne.

Susanne Rose said...

Thanks also for joining the Rubber Dance Challenge! Hugs, Susanne.

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

The butterflies look amazing fluttering by on your beautiful tag Karen and I must also say the birdie is stunning! Thank you for supporting STAMPlorations and joined STAMPlorations September August Mixed Media Challenge. Come join us again this October :) Have a pleasure weekend Karen.
Hugs&Smiles,
Asmah
STAMPlorations Mixed Media DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

Emma Williams said...

Fabulous dimensional tag, Karen with so much wonderful texture and detail! Thank you for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog... :) x