Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Stitches at House of Cards ...

House of Cards Challenge Blog

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well and you had a good day yesterday.  It’s a new month and that means it’s a new challenge at House of Cards and here is my DT creation …
  
An A5 card 
A final look

For all the details and rules please visit here House of Cards Challenge Blog
If you want to see what each of us has made then here are the links:
Group 2: Donna; Katy; Lillian;  Em
Group 3: Tammy; Toni; Linda; Dotty
Group 4: Rocky; Monika R; Ruza; Lisa
Group 7: Daen’Ys; Emily; Pat; Steph C


Luckily for me this also fits the following Challenges & I’ll link up later today:
Quirky Crafts Challenge #20 Quirky Sewn with Love


All of my lovely team mates are very talented and I hope to go over and check out their blogs later on today!   Why don’t you come on over and join us!  You don’t have to use real stitching on your card or you can if you want to!  Hopefully I will see you over there playing along with us too.

I have to admit that this theme turned out to be a bit of a stinker for me, lol!  I knew what I wanted to create for the Stitch theme and I started my card and finished my card.  I hated my first card, and, it is somewhere on the floor at the back of my craft room where I threw it when I finished.  Thankfully I have learnt to let loose when creating MM projects but I still suffer from petulance and annoyance when a card is not right or perfect enough.  I took a day’s break before starting something new.  I was putting some stamps away and looking through my other stamps desperate for inspiration.  Thank goodness I have many different and varied stamps and I forget about some sets sometimes lol!

I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go hereThank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x







Tools & Supplies 
Stamp: Oak House Studio stamp set; Papermania Christmas stamp set; Clarity Stamp: tailor’s form
Die Cutting Machine & Dies: Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Tim Holtz Sizzix Sewing Room Bigz die; Tim Holtz Sizzix Pattern & Stitches Embossing Folder set; Spellbinders Elongated Ovals Nestability Die set
Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; pot of water; circle punches #; Martha Stewart border punch #
Card Paper: Crafters Companion A4 Kraft card and Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card; HOTP DP #; snippet of very old velvet paper #; various sizes of snippets of white and Kraft card were used for stamping and die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Adirondack Purple IP #; Versamark IP; gold EP #
Embellishments: various snippets of ribbon, twine and crochet thread were used on the die cut spools #; purple grosgrain ribbon from my stash #
Adhesives/Mediums: double sided tape; Stix2 glue gun (thank you Brenda)

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 7 years old

32 comments:

Amy Cohen said...

What wonderful attention to detail! Simply stunning- thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
Amy-DT

Barb said...

That's a beautiful card Karen and what gorgeous colours. Barbxx

Merethe Arstein said...

Oh.. one of my favorite color purple. heheh Lovely card here for this challenge.

(✿*‿*) Ma
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Merethe Arstein said...

ps you have forgotten to label it ;)

Merethe Arstein said...

I worked now. When I clicked your name at the list in the blogpost at HOC there was no card, so I had to look for your post in your blog. Thought you where missing the labeling of the post... House of Cards. But it works now :)

Ma ;)

Em Louise Fairley said...

This is gorgeous, Karen! I love it!
Hugs,
Em, HOC teamie x

Mynn Kitchen said...

Karen, this is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE all the purple, the fabulous sewing theme, and the awesome spools you created! Thank you so much for all your hard work at HOC--you are a treasure! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Donna Nuce said...

Pretty card! Love the color and the sewing theme! For some reason your label is still not working! Have a great day!
Donna N
HOC DT

Brenda Brown said...

A great design Karen, I love how you have incorporated the dress form and the cards of thread, you did a great job on this card xxx

brenda said...

Hi Karen,

I'm having a mad charge round to catch up on all the entries before the next challenge starts, so behind after out hols still.

Love the vibrancy of the purples and a super sewing themed creation.

Many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations Challenge.

B x

Tanja said...

love the whole stitching theme on your card - thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Carol said...

A beautiful stitching themed card Karen, love the colours. Carol x

StephC said...

Very pretty card! Love the colors.

Pia S said...

Your vintage style card looks gorgeous, so feminine and detailed.... And purple is my favorite color. But I have very little purple in my stash at the moment, so haven't made many purplish ones lately...

Indy said...

What a wonderful card! Love how you combined both the colors and layers from our Cupcake Inspirations Challenge! So glad you were inspired. Hope to see you again!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Nancy Dynes said...

Gorgeous card! I love the purple with touches of gold. Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!!
Hugs,
Nancy

Claire said...

Beautiful card Karen, the colours are gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at We Love to Create for our 'Anything Mixed Media/Creative Goes' Challenge
Claire xx

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

sue t. said...

Glad I persevered looking for your card! It was worth it! Great stitched card!

Taunya Butler said...

So very clever and what a great touch those cute spools are!! Just such a lovely card!!

Barbara Rankin said...

Beautiful card. Love the dress form with the stitched hearts. Hugs, Barbara HOC teamie

Sue C said...

Lovely card Karen, beautiful colour combination and fabulous dress form. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Toni said...

you went all out with the stitching/sewing theme--it's great!!!

Toni
HOC DT teamie

Jane Knudsen said...

Love this card! A cute and perfect example for the challenge!! jane hoc teamie

Michele Henderson said...

Adorable card! I love the deep, rich purple color! Great take on the theme!
Take care!
Michele, HOC teamie

heather said...

How fun adding real ribbon/thread to your spools, great dimension on your stitching card ! Heather - HOC teamie

Monika Reeck said...

I did not see this at 1 of september dear Karen
your vintage purple card I love it much perfect with all the button and cloth standard
love the details you put here
See you soon at my Stithes card Karen
happy sunday
Monika (teammate at HOC)

Em Louise Fairley said...

Karen, this is gorgeous! I love it.
Hugs,
Em, HOC teamie

Moni said...

Beautiful make!!! Would you like to join us to our "Quirky Sewn With love" Challenge?
http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.com/2015/09/challenge-20-quirky-sewn-with-love.html#comment-form
Monica.-DT

Moni said...

Thank you for joining us!!! Your card is perfect for our "Sewn with Love" challenge. Monica.-dt

Moni said...

Thank you for joining us!!! Your card is perfect for our "Sewn with Love" challenge. Monica.-dt