Wednesday, 23 September 2015

On a crusade ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. Sorry I’m not around much again.  I’m trying to get my DT creations finished, craft room organised, and upcoming events means that I’ve not had any time to create this week.
When I first started I found a folder of my stamped or stencilled backgrounds and another folder of stamped; coloured or created by me images/toppers too!  Ever since then I’ve been on a mission to use them all and empty those two folders.  Today’s card was one I finished before the chores got in the way and here it is …

 
Another A6 tent fold 
   
Love the shining and sparkling heart and that gorgeously delicate stamp motif
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #329 Sparkle
 Crop Stop Blog Challenge Linky Party #8 Provided you’ve use a product they stock you can enter: they sell a lot of different products & brands
 Eclectic Ellapu Purple Team Challenge stash that is at least six months old.  The card base is about three months old: stamps; inks; heart; acetate & inclusions are +8 years
Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges #50 Spring For my second entry I chose spring colours
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Stamp and Blog Hop
 Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge September Anything Goes
 The Shabby Tea Room #260 Swirls and Twirls
Try It On Tuesday Challenge Add Metal: I hope gold leaf counts


I’ve found so many papers and toppers that I need to be strict with myself and try and use them up.  I create more backgrounds than I need and those are my go to folders.  No wonder my paper stash is not shrinking as fast as I would like it to lol!  I think the background on this card was created about a year ago, when I first acquired the Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn DIPs.
I covered the chipboard heart with ‘paper’ I created by adapting the Caught in Crystal Technique.  I created a puddle of floor polish onto a piece of acetate, and then added the pearl inks, Perfect Pearls, Fantasy Fibre and Film and some tiny pieces of gold leaf flakes.  The left over pieces of the fibre, film and leaf were too small to be of use for anything else but because they were expensive to purchase originally I became very frugal with them.  The chipboard heart is a lot older than that. 
Putting this card together was a quick job as everything was waiting to be used, I love it when it works so effortlessly!  I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.  DH will be drawing the winner of the Candy at the end of the month too.

I’m hoping to be back creating and sharing by next week and will pop over too all my lovely new Followers blogs to thank them and check out your awesome creations too.  Next weeks plans depend on how I feel and the state of my back after the family visit.  I am doing my best to stay warm and trying to make sure my sinus don’t become an issue again, I miss my mum and brother a lot and am looking forward to seeing them.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x









Tools & Supplies
Stamp: A very old Elusive Images stamp #, not sure which stamp plate this came from (who were then re-branded as Graphicus, and once again re-branded as Chocolate Baroque)

Miscellaneous Tools:

Card Paper: 300gm Card; snippet white card for stamping # ; acetate # ; tissue paper #

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress IPs: Picked Raspberry; Salty Ocean; Mowed Lawn
Donna Dewberry: very old inks, pearl colours #

Embellishments:
Cosmic Shimmer: Fantasy Fibre #
Craftwork Cards: Chipboard heart
AB/Clear Glitter # ; Gold flakes #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Johnsons Klear floor wax; double sided tape; foam pads
                             
# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old


14 comments:

brenda said...

A super card and great choice of inky colours Karen,a really eye catching creation.

Many thanks for joining our Sparkle week at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Di said...

This is just so, so pretty Karen! I love the Caught in Crystal technique - it works beautifully here! Very lovely colours you used too.

Hugs

Di xx

SARN said...

Di took the words right out of my keyboard!

Hugs, SarN xxx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Just fab!
Thank you for joining TIOT's!
oxo
Susi

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

rachel said...

such beautiful colours Karen - I love this! Big Hugs rachel x

Margik said...

Lovely card with a beautiful heart and colours. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday. Mar

Eret said...

A really great card in beautiful colours! Thank you for sharing it with us at Sparkle N Sprinkle. I hope you'll join with us again next month.
Eret x

Andreja L. said...

What a pretty card you made :-))
Thank you for entering at Scrapping4Fun this time, Hugs, Andreja

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Beautiful! Love the colours you have used! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! It's so pretty and feminine & I love the sparkle.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Ann Chuang said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrappind4Fun Challenges. Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
Ann DT

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Lovely card, love the colors you have used!
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com