Thursday, 3 September 2015

First off the page project for Me, September and Challenges ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. 

I really hope I'm not going to bore you lovely lot as I am stepping up my production line of off the page projects.  I purchased the last Crafters Companion inspiration magazine: although calling it a magazine doesn't seem quite enough lol!  I'm hoping to purchase them again.  It was my first time and I was completely stunned by the amount of ‘goodies’ that were in the pack.  Today’s creation came about by me wanting to use one of my older stamps with the new stamp and die set in the magazine.  We love this and may not give this one away.  Anyway, enough of my rabbit here it is …

 
The front view straight on, then sideways
   
A final look at the inside
I love it!  Hope you all love it too!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #326 Recycle or Upcycle:
this box came with wooden embellishments
Frilly & Funkie Challenge A Touch of Gold:
I used gold paint to age the DP on this inside & I mixed a small amount of the gold into the white acrylic paint that I used to paint the box
Mixed Media World Challenge MMW#6 Gorgeous Textures

  Paper Sweeties Challenge #35 colour scheme

Papertake Weekly Challenge Anything Goes with optional Recycle/Upcycle
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Trio of Colours: cream, green and red
Try It On Tuesday Challenge Try Something New: 
first time I’ve recycled a little wooden box
We Love to Create Challenge #18 MM or Creative Goes


I did the normal stamping and colouring of the poppy stamps onto a C6’ish piece of card, snippets of card, SU DP, and vellum.  Once I had coloured the poppies I left them overnight to completely dry because I wanted to experiment with how the stamped and coloured card looked but I didn’t want to ruin the layers of poppies that I had stamped and coloured.  I grabbed some left over/rejects from a previous project and played. 

I recently learnt from Becca that if I ‘seal/set’ the colour/ink/paint with a layer of matt medium gel the colour/ink/paint will never move.  I tried this out on some reject/left over pieces and loved the look.  I covered the poppy base layer and individual flowers with the matt medium.

Going back and experimenting with the left over pieces I’ve found that adding a layer of matt medium strengthens the card before fussy cutting it.  I’ve had regular cases where the skinny parts of the fussy cut images fall off: that did not happen so will be doing that again!  I’ve also found that by adding the layer of matt medium then your project is protected from any water/spray accident and you can clean/dust the object too, thanks Becca for sharing your findings with us your tutorial has saved me a lot of practice finding out what works and why it works.

Once the card parts were stamped, coloured, protected and fussy cut I layered them up onto the outside of the box.  I applied the base layer with Collall extra sticky glue and ‘clear’ foam pieces for the decoupage flowers. 

I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.  

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools & Supplies
Stamp:  Sheena Douglass A6 A Little Bit Sketchy Daisies & Poppies stamp set; poppy stamp from Crafters Companion Inspiration Issue 7

Die Cutting Machine & Dies: Poppy die from Crafters Companion Inspiration Issue 7

Miscellaneous Tools: paint brushes & pipettes from Spectrum Noir AquaTints 
Perfectly Primary; pot of water; cutting knife and mat

Card Paper: snippets of Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl snow white accents; SU DP #; vellum snippets #

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Spectrum Noir AquaTints Perfectly Primary; Ranger Archival Jet Black IP; The Works Gold Acrylic Paint

Embellishments: snippets lace #; WOC rose & leaf; self adhesive ribbon from Country View Crafts

Adhesives/Mediums: Pebeo Matt Medium gel; Collall sticky glue; clear foam pads #

Other: wooden box that held wooden laser cut embellishments #

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 4 years old

22 comments:

Pawsitively Creative said...

Wowzers! So many wonderful details in this design. I really like the poppy stamps and your use of all your tidbits. Such depth and creativity! Awesome sauce! ~Niki

Carol said...

This is a gorgeous transformation Karen...not surprised you want to keep it! Carol x

Lin said...

I wouldn't be able to part with this, either, Karen, it is surely one of a kind! Beautiful work and certainly perfect for our "Make it Colorful" challenge this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Debbie said...

What a GORGEOUS project you've created inspired by the colors for the Paper Sweetie September challenge! Just beautiful!! Thanks for sharing your work with us this month :)

chrissie said...

A wonderful project and the poppies look
amazing

Thank you for sharing it with us at Try
It on Tuesday

Love Chrissie cx

Mynn Kitchen said...

Hi, Karen! WOW--this is absolutely beautiful! Those poppies are all so gorgeous. I LOVE the shine, too! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Jane said...

So much detail and I adore poppies. Definitely one ot keep on display in your craft room! Thanks for playing at Uniko.

SARN said...

This is absolutely STUNNING Karen. Lots of work and a GREAT result.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

Wow Karen what beautiful poppies. I love this! Barbxx

brenda said...

Well it's Poppies Karen, what more can I say ? Of course I absolutely adore it and I shall really look forward to seeing the projects you are promising to make with these goodies.

Many thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week.

B x

Team Clark said...

This is SO very cool! I just love how you've done this and the poppies are a perfect focal point for a project like this! :)

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Just wonderful! I love your poppy project!
Thank you for joining Try It On Tuesday!
oxo
Susi

cheiron said...

I love these gorgeous flowers! Such fabulous dimension. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week :)

Deborah Frings said...

Love these fabulous poppies. There's so much to see in this. Thanks so much for playing along with the Uniko challenge this month. x

Taunya Butler said...

OH MY GOODNESS - SO beautiful and such a work of art!! Super impressive!!

Beverley said...

WOW! This is fabulous, the poppies, colour and dimension is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Stunning creation! the poppies are very beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing it with us at Mixed Media World! Ingrid xx

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

What a GORGEOUS work of art!! Thanks so much for joining us a Paper Sweeties!

Lisa said...

This is beautiful! It would be hard to give it away for sure....

Cheryl said...

OMGosh, this is stunning! I LOVE the 3-D flowers!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Paper Sweeties Inspiration Challenge this month!

Sandie Gough said...

oooh now this is stunning, such depth of colour! Love love love xx

hope to see you next month at http://www.spectrumnoir.com/category/monthly-challenge/
Hugs,
Sandie
http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/
Proud to design for:
Spectrum Noir Education Design Team
Spectrum Noir Media Samples Design Team
Die’sire Design Team
That Craft Place Design Team
That Craft Place Colourist Design Team

Sara Barker said...

This is beatiful, and it's no wonder you were chosen as top 3 at That Craft Place! Congratulations!