Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Shake your tail feathers ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, lol as if I could!  I hope your day is going well.  I am trying to shrink my two folders of inked or painted backgrounds I have created so that I have only one folder lol!  I’m not using as much as my DP/PP as often I should and I’ve a huge pile of experimental papers.  Here is today’s offering …


  
A 148mm square card
A final look
Created for me and especially for these Challenges

Creative Fingers Challenge #89 Anything Goes

  Tando Creative Challenge Colour challenge
Inspired by the colour pallette & trying to create suitable for men cards


The background on this card was created with Brusho Watercolour Crystals but the dried paper was dark and dull so I added H2O paints to parts of the background and it now shimmers a little.  I purchased a watercolour paper pad from The Works to use to create my own watercolour backgrounds and to experiment with my other wet mediums with this paper.  

I will never purchase their watercolour paper again.  This watercolour paper turns to paper pulp/mash and totally disintegrates if you add too much water to it.  I’ve found that I get a different result with each sheet too.  I know it was cheaper and I knew it wasn’t going to be the best quality but watercolour paper that won’t take much water is an issue and really annoys me!  

I’ve used several of their papers and card stock before and not had an issue so I was really shocked and disgusted with the very poor quality of this one.  A watercolour paper that totally disintegrates when you are working on it is not good value.  

I stamped the feathers onto my usual card and then I used watercolour pencils to colour them, add water to blend.  I picked the feather I liked the most and added sparkle here and there with my Sakura Sparkle pens and H2O paints.  I created a lovely little air dry clay flourish (Martha Stewart mould) and once dry I coloured that with the H2O paints, it twinkles in the light when the card is moved or picked up.

I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.  

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x







Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Chocolate Baroque A4 Peacock Glory stamp set

Miscellaneous Tools:
Martha Stewart silicon moulds
Paintbrushes; paint pallette; heat gun; pot of water; spray bottle of water

Card Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card for base and snippets to stamp
The Works watercolour paper

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Ranger Archival IP: Jet Black
Brusho Watercolour Crystals
H2O paints #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; foam pads

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 7 years old


9 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Very lovely creation.

Carol said...

Love the colour palette here Karen and the gorgeous little flourish....super make. Carol x

Taunya Butler said...

WOW - gorgeous and such a stunning work of heart!! Love your talent with these - they look awesome and so lifelike!! Enjoy your day!!!

Karen Gist said...

Hi Karen! This is gorgeous my lovely! Love that stamp ;-) As for the paper...well... what a pain in the behind that was for you!!!! I know its expensive but I always use The Langton by Daler Rowney now. Its amazing quality and takes all sorts of bashing about! Thank you for entering with us at Tando again xxx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Hi Karen, thanks for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque challenge. A super design, and the flourish is fabulous, Judith xx

Mrs A. said...

Those parrots look perfect with the cage and the butterflies. Gorgeous colours too. Hugs Mrs A.

Liz's creative corner said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at Tando Creative, fab design, Hugs Liz xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Stunning ♥
Thank you for joining the Tando Creative August challenge. Gez

Dee Adams said...

Lovely! thank you for joining us at the Artistic Stamper. Dee x