Saturday, 1 August 2015

Metallic at House of Cards ...

  

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one and you’re having a lovely weekend.  Crikey last month shot past and must have got distracted half way through because I’m sat frantically typing my post (last night) because I didn’t realise it was the end of the month already lol!
A new month at House of Cards means a new challenge for August.  We’re asking you to incorporate something metal or metallic on your card.  Think of using metal sheets (foil) or mirror card or maybe you have some metal embellishments you want to use, or you have metallic embossing powder.  I think this challenge will be a nice and easy for you and here is my card …

  
An A6 card which is okay to post too
A final look


Group 2: Donna; Katy; Lillian;  Em
Group 3: Tammy; Toni; Linda; Dotty
Group 4: Rocky; Monika R; Ruza; Lisa
Group 7: Daen’Ys; Emily; Pat; Steph C

Luckily for me this also fits these Challenges
Crafts 4 Eternity Challenge #237 Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion Challenge #272  Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges No Patterned Paper
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #101 All About the Men
Inky Chicks Challenge #54 Use A Metal Embellishment: hope this is allowed
This card stock takes a lot of product and water; inks; more water; lot more water etc. & it still works & doesn’t disintegrate


I said above that I thought it was an easy-ish challenge however I had a serious case of mojo disappeared for a bit when I needed it to be kicking lol!  Luckily for me I started playing with my H2O paints mid last month and realised that using the H2O paint to colour an image resulted in a lovely soft metallic sheen. 
I stamped my images with Adirondack IP and coloured it with H2O paints but I wanted to make him more metallic so I added a thin layer of Maimeri Glossy Medium to him and left him to dry.  Looking through my stash I found an old-ish die cut that I won from Lee and I chose to metalize it by adding three layers of embossing powder so happy with the end result too!
I created my background piece from printing an old stencil.  I think this technique has a name but I’m not sure what it is, apologies, I will try to describe it.  I used my Maimeri Glossy Medium, a Dutch Doobadoo stencil and some sky blue Spectrum Noir AquaTints.  I coloured a piece of card with the AquaTints through a stencil then I removed the stencil.  The other piece was further worked on but there was ink left on the stencil so I stamped with it – a free sheet of inked background.  I have become one frugal crafter lol! 
The spanner and the gear on the card were cut out from some old DP, I can’t find the name right now, so apologies again.  The die cut scalloped rectangle is some really, really old stash from Craftwork Cards.  Once I cut the spanner and gear out I added a layer of Maimeri Glossy Medium to them before attaching onto the card.
I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x







Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Stampendous clear Robot stamp set
Stencil:
Dutch Doobadoo stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water
Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion A4 Centura Snow White Accents card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Ranger Archival Jet Black IP; Luminarte H2O paints; Silver EP #
Embellishments:
Die cut flourish #; images from paper #; Craftwork Cards die cut #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue; foam pads

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old


22 comments:

Mynn Kitchen said...

This looks SO AWESOME, Karen! I adore the fun robot, the great embellies, and the beautiful silver embossed swirl! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Daen'Ys said...

Wow, this is a super great and fun card, Karen! Love the little robot.
Hugs, Rosi

Lin said...

What a fun card, Karen - your robot sure made me smile! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

rachel said...

what a fun card Karen - I adore that robot! Hugs Rachel x

Donna said...

What an adorable fun card Karen! Donna T. HOC

Merethe Arstein said...

So funny card, really Metal here hehe.
(✿*‿*) Ma
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Sandra said...

Such a cool card. The robot is fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Karen! Such a cute card! I'll check out your Candy!
Have a great day!
Donna HOC Teamie

Graciellie Design said...

So fun! Love the elements you added to your card! Hugs, Gracie / HOC

Carol said...

Such a fun card Karen! Carol x

StephC said...

Too cute! That robot is adorable. Great take on this months challenge!

Toni said...

Cute!

Toni
HOC DT teamie

michele said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Michele Henderson said...

Really fun card, Karen! A little robot is perfect for a metallics challenge!
Take care!
Michele, HOC teamie

sue t. said...

So fun! It made me chuckle!

coldwaters2 said...

This is both fab and fun a great card, thank you for joining our challenge at FAB 'N' FUNKY
hugs
lorraine x

linda said...

hi karen, your card didn't link up from the list of DT members, but i scrolled through and found your very fun card. i love the robot's colours and everything metal on this card!
linda
HOC DT

Claire said...

fab card Karen, gorgeous metallics! Thanks so much for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
Claire xx

Monika Reeck said...

Manly or Boys card
so cuuutee love your robot and love all the embelishment on your card
cute for boys or manly card..
Great DT Card
see you soon at my Metallics card
hugs, Monika (HOC Teamie)

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous, I love it, Karen!
Hugs,
Em, HOC teamie

LJ Creations said...

love love love the robot... great job on this.
Lisa
HOC DT

Barbara Rankin said...

Karen, this is adorable. Love it!
Barbara
HOC teamie