Sunday, 5 July 2015

Let's Craft & Create Design Team July Challenge Birds or Butterflies ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  It’s the fifth of a new month which means I have a new creation to share with you.  This month at Let’s Craft & Create Challenge the theme is Birds or Butterflies, well you just know what I opted to use, lol, and here is my DT creation …

An A5 card 
Not too deep 
I love this panel 
  
Some of the gorgeous details 
such a lovely image


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do over this coming week ttfn Karen x

I’ve been very lucky and able to enter Challenges too:
Cuttlebug Mania Challenge Sentimental Journey
Deep Ocean Challenge: Use Two Stamps
(I hope this counts as I used two different sizes of butterflies)
Die Cuttin’ Diva’s Challenge #222 Anything Goes
I used Spellbinder Nestabilities (circle) and Memory Box bow
Inspired by Stamping Challenge IBSIC#95 I used the colours and sketch
Natalie & Amy Challenge #34 Summertime: I hope it’s not just me who thinks this screams summer lol!
Noor Design Challenge Something Old & Something New:
The butterfly stamps are new and the old is the flourish and UTEE that I used
I chose chipboard which I covered with UTEE


If you want to see what my very talented team mates have created take a look here:

Tools and Supplies
Stamp:
Inspired by Stamping: butterflies stamp set
Stencil:
Simon Says Stamps: Memory Box 88566 Texture Drip Rings mini stencil (NBUS from winning the $50 voucher from SSS Wednesday challenge on 1 April – true!) 
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug; Spellbinder Nestability Large Classic Circles die set; Memory Box bow die
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; paint brushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water

Card Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 Centura Snow White Accents card for base; I used a snippet of the same card to stamp and emboss the large panel with; snippet blue pearl paper; snippet parchment paper (the die cut circle); a snippet of thick paper was used to create the mini bow  #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versamark IP; WOW Blue Glitz EP; blue pearl UTEE #
H2O watercolour paints
Embellishments:
Woodware chipboard flourish #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; foam pads


# VOS: at least five years old and no idea where I purchased them or if still available



11 comments:

brenda said...

I do like the change in direction of your creativity in recent months Karen, such inspiring pieces of artwork and this one is no exception. So much lovely texture and colour and those butterflies are a delight.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

B x

cuilliesocks said...

Totally gorgeous work Karen, I love the your colours and butterfly images, fab texture too, hugs Kate x

Arlene said...

The butterflies are gorgeous.Lovely card.

So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow gorgeous Karen!! I really love how you did those butterflies, the colours and blending are so beautiful! The big flourish has a great texture and really creates a wonderful flow to your piece! Thank you for all of your lovely comments on my blog, you are such a sweetheart! hugs :)

rachel said...

gorgeous butterflies Karen - I adore them all and your make is just brilliant!!!! Big hugs to you! Rachel xx

Michelle N. said...

Just beautiful! Great texture and colors! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's.

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card Karen! I love those butterflies. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Becca Cruger said...

Soooooooooo pretty! Love the silvery butterflies and you've inked them up with such bright, fun colors.

Mynn Kitchen said...

Another stunning card, Karen! I LOVE the fabulous watercoloring--especially on your main focal pattern! Thank you for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Sheryl said...

This is just beautiful. I love those butterflies. Thanks for playing along at Natalie and Amy's challenge this month. Hugs Sheryl xx

Crafteezee said...

Gorgeous work, love the butterflies and blue, two of my favourites.
Thanks for joining us at Noor!DesignUK.
Hugs Tracy x