Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Colour Palette at House of Cards ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well and Happy Hump Day to you all. 
Today I have a bright and, to my eyes, beautifully yummy card, that I created especially for my first House of Cards Design Team post – yippee!!!  Creatively the last couple of weeks have been really good for me and that has been a blessing because being a bit busier has stopped me from moping, lol, nothing bad has happened, yet I’m down and struggling with more depression than usual – the chemical balance in my brain isn’t as good as it could be right now.
Anyways back to happier stuff I took my time to stamp, colour and create this card because I don’t want to let down my lovely friend Mynn as well as the rest of the lovely and talented ladies at HOC and for the month of July we have a choice of challenges for you:

#1 use the colour pallette or #2 use something food related or #3 use both

I love the colour pallette and it’s been good for me because it’s distracted me from using pink and purple paint constantly.  Although red/pink/berry are still my favourite colours.  So here is my card which hopefully will inspire you …

  
A very cute A6 card

  
Some of the details
A final look
Please do go on over and see the details for the challenge.  You can see what the other talented Design Team members created by clicking on these:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x



I’m happy and grateful because I knew about some of these challenges whilst creating my project and I’ll be back later to link to the following challenges: 


Craft Your Passion Challenge #268 Anything Goes
Cuttlebug Mania Challenge Sentimental Journey
Little Claire Stamps Challenge: #58 Father’s Day/Male
(my dad is not around so I create cards for my male uncles and cousins)
Nothing refreshes me more than a cake, ups my sugar level when struggling



Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
CL158 Hero Arts Clear Cupcake stamp set #
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Spellbinder Nestability Dies: large classic circle and large classic scalloped circle
Stencil:
Memory Box stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; paint brushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 Centura Snow White Pearl Accents
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
H2O watercolour paints: lime, yellow, coral, orange, peach, red #
Versamark IP; WOW Platinum EP;
Versamagic Dew Drop IPs: ripe persimmon and scattered straw
Adhesives/Mediums:
Masking tape (for the stencil); Collall all purpose glue; foam pads

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min eight years old

37 comments:

Rocky said...

Love the card, welcome on board teamie!!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely colour palette for this fabulous card Karen, love the cupcake. Hope you are keeping cool in this heat.
Lorraine

brenda said...

A great creation Karen, dare I say yummy at the risk of sounding like a pun.

B x

SARN said...

What's not to love about a cupcake card???? This is terrific xxx

Jennifer Scull said...

so sorry to hear that the nasty chemical imbalance and depression have taken hold.... it's a terrible thing to try to overcome, I know. sending you a big hug from over here! and saying prayers you can find some moments of sunshine peeking through the grey clouds. :)

your card is wonderful and so perfect for the color challenge! congrats on the new team! :)

Donna Nuce said...

Welcome to the DT Karen! You cupcake looks delish! Love that you did both color and food! Have a great day!

Michele Henderson said...

Beautiful Card! I love how fun and whimsical it is!
Take care!
Michele, HOC teamie!

Monika Reeck said...

I knew this stamp since long and jealous if ladies at Hero Arts group using this Karen...now you show it again...oh oh...I must have it LOL..cute card...great LO and lovely colors too...great DT card for the first time...Welcome to the team dear Karen..thanks for lovely words on my card...big hugs from Germany (I start to like you my new friend)..hugs..Monika (teamie)

heather said...

Great job incorporating the colors and food image, love all coloful the layers on your yummy CAS card. Congrats on making the HOC team, too :)

Em Louise Fairley said...

This is gorgeous Karen! I love it! Thanks for the welcome and your sweet comment. I look forward to working with you and getting to know you.
Hugs,
Your teamie,
Em xxx

Merethe Arstein said...

Nice, you along with me and some of the others have choose the cupcake theme.
(✿*‿*) Ma
Teamie HOC

rachel said...

a really gorgeous card Karen and congrats on your new DT post - fabulous news - big hugs rachel x

linda said...

hi karen, i LOVE the twinks colours you used! such a fun and yummy looking card! welcome to the house of cards design team and i look forward to seeing more of your twinkling creations. (i commented on your twinkling butterflies as a penny black and more DT member.)
hugs,
linda
HOC teamie

Toni said...

yum! Love the colors so much!

Toni
HOC DT Teamie

Donna said...

Beautiful card Karen, great colors and layering, like that cheery on top! So exciting to have you on the design team! Donna T.

Tammy said...

Fabulous card Karen! I love that fun cupcake image and all of the layering! Welcome to the team!
Hugs, Tammy

Mynn Kitchen said...

SO fabulous, Karen! I LOVE the great image you used--and the layering of the colors is perfect! Such a wonderful debut, friend! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

StephC said...

I love this!! The cupcake is so bright and cheerful and I love the patterned papers you chose to layer with. Great debut card! So glad to be working with you on the HOC DT!

Steph
HOC Teamie

Daen'Ys said...

Hi, Karen! - Welcome to the team!
What a wonderful start with this yummy card! Love the colors and how you disposed the elements!
Thank you very much for your nice comment!
Hugs, Rosi

Irene Chillman said...

Lovely card Karen, thank you so much for sharing with us at Vintage Stamping Challenge.
Irene x

Graciellie Design said...

This is awesome! Love your take on the challenge, the image and sentiment are so fun too! Hugs, Gracie / HOC DT

Emily Dee said...

All this hopping is making me hungry! Very cute, I love the little cherry gem on top! Welcome to the team!

Monika Reeck said...

Me again Karen
I am not at Pinterest and I am having problem to log in haha...cause I forgot the password
would you mind to send me the link of the picture of the card from Michelle..many many thanks Karen and love being on the same team with you
looks like you are also a rock star you got many comments too with this sweet lovely cupcake card
congrats dear..
hugs, Monika

Di said...

Yummylicious Karen! I too think I have this stamps set - if it's been around for a while :) Sorry to hear things are down for you - chin up honey, and I don't say that blithely or without understanding - I think I just might be the layer underneath you right now!

Hugs

Di xx

Carol said...

A gorgeous make Karen, such pretty colours. Thanks for the heads up on my win :) Hope you feel better soon. Carol x

Jane Knudsen said...

Beautifully made! I am glad you are a fellow newbie with me! What a great debut project! Jane HOC DT

Arlene said...

Such wonderful colors and you've created a card using this palette with imagination and love. Wonderful!

So glad you could join us at a2z Scrapbooking for our July challenge.

craftybunny said...

What a fabulous card.Such luscious colours and beautiful work with your H2o's.I have some and never could get to grips with them.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Pamellia Johnson said...

What a 'sweet' card Karen! Geddit, 'sweet'? haha!! I love your sentiment, what a perfect fit for your cupcake theme! hugs :)

Suzanne C said...

Super cute card! Delicious cupcake and so summery! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi teamie - wonderful card - so yummy! I am also delighted to see you playing with us at the A2z scrapbooking challenge! Come back next time, too!

Helen said...

A great, fun card - love it!

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire.

Helen x

Barbara Rankin said...

Your card is lovely and so fun! Love the colors you chose to use, too. Welcome to the team! Hugs, Barbara HOC DT

Kristina B. said...

What a cute card! Thanks for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking!

Jennifer Loftfield said...

Love the cupcake! Thanks for joining us over at a2z Scrapbooking.

Dawn Turley said...

Fabulous CAS card. Thanks for joining us at A2Z scrapbooking.

Katy said...

Karen-your card is awesome! Love that cupcake! Welcome to the team and so glad to be working with you again! :) Hugs! Katy HOC Teammate