Monday, 29 June 2015

Journalling ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was good and your week has started well.  A final entry for June’s challenges to share today and here it is …

  
I am quite pleased with my progress.  I'll try to remember to photograph my backgrounds first in future 
A final look - that background is wonderful and has so much texture too!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Natalie Kalbach n*studio: grunge stamps and Tim Holtz Distress ink pads
#3 Stencils & Paste; #4 Photo Inspiration; #6 Stamps; #8 New to You (background stamps); #12 May Flowers (in her hair)


I’ve noticed I create gorgeous inky and textured backgrounds and then I glue stuff on top of them, lol, I need to create smaller stuff, lol, so I get to see and touch these backgrounds much more.
I’m very happy I got to do a little journaling this month!  This is a single page spread in my A5 journal.  I had a lot of fun creating the inky background as well as playing with my SNAT’s through a stencil, watercolour pencils to sketch with and using SNAT’s to colour her in with.  A quick step by step is below.

1. Started out with an A4 sheet of white card; attached a Tando Creative stencil; added Maimeri Glossy gel to react as a resist and left to dry. 
2. Once dry I used Stampendous Grunge stamp set with two DIPs; adding EP randomly; heat set the whole sheet before moving on again. 
3. Attached the Tando Creative stencil and used SNAT that I had watered down in a pallette and ink blending foam to add more colour to the background. 
4. Sketched the lady with my watercolour pencils and coloured her with the SNAT’s, fussy cut her out and glued on top of half of the inky background. 
5. Stamped the flowers onto other snippets which had been coloured with SNAT’s;  fussy cut them; glued onto her hair; and glued the whole lot into my journal. 

Yay!  I’ve another piece of this background to play with – hopefully next month if not before!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x






Tools & Supplies
Stamp & Stencil set:
Stampendous NKCRS03 NK Studio Grunge stamp, stencil & mask set
Stamps:
Sheena Douglass A5 A Little Bit Sketchy Always Floral stamp set
Stencil:
Tando Creative: Sequin Waste mask
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pallette knife; paint pallette; Ranger ink blending foam; pot of water; spray bottle of water; spray bottle of ink (SNAT my own blend of inks to create spray inks)

Card Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card for the background; snippets of card for stamping the flowers and for sketching

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
SNAT’s: Spectrum Noir Primary AquaTint inks to colour sketch & BG
Distress Ink Pads: Weathered Wood; Worn Lipstick
WOW Clear Embossing Powder; Watercolour pencils for drawing
Embellishments:
Metal pearls (VOS)
Adhesives/Mediums:
Maimerri Glossy Gel medium (applied through the stencil); Collall all purpose glue

7 comments:

Rocky said...

Good Morning Karen. I've always fancied starting a journal, thanks for the inspiration. Looking forward to Wednesday teamie!!!

SARN said...

Just BRILLIANT! xxx

Kelly Deal said...

Hi Karen! Love your journal page! She's gorgeous!

rachel said...

happy birthday Hun! Hope you've had a good day - great journalling - brilliant x

Rachel said...

she looks fabulous!!! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge and celebrating our first birthday!!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Pamellia Johnson said...

Amazing job with the face, my drawing all look like stickmen or women, ha!! Well done Karen and I love the flowers you added to her hair. hugs :)

Jaine Drake said...

What a wonderful portrait. Thank you for entering our challenge at ASOI this month.