Sunday, 21 June 2015

Christmas Card Club times three ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  I had a spell of not being able to craft or create for a while which meant that I couldn’t keep up with my Christmas Card Club rota.  I have spent the last couple of days trying to catch up with the two themes that I missed as well as making a card for my theme which is due today.  It seems odd to me sharing Christmas cards on Solstice Day, the longest day of the year, but hey ho here is my first creation …

The lovely Zoe’s theme was #11 Gift/s so I decorated another gift bag
I have several House Mouse decoupage papers left and I'm going to use them to decorate paper bags 
 
I love that the mouse is giving the cat cheese!
Created for me and especially for these Challenges:

The lovely Kate’s theme was #12 Create a Scene
 
One more card to go in the box! 
  
Some of the detail
A final look
Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
I used glitter and embossing powder


I picked this one, of course, theme #13 Pink and White
  
A Christmas experiment: could I create a flat shabby chic style card? 
Loads of pink shimmer, stamped with one of my favourite Christmas stamps in my favourite colour mix too! 
  
Snippet die cuts! 
I love this!  A hand cut banner, pink and bling!
Created for me and especially for these Challenges:
Making my own backgrounds with paints or inks and stamping
                         

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this coming week  ttfn Karen x





Tools & Supplies Christmas: Gifts
Card/Paper: House Mouse decoupage #; snippet red card #; Brown Kraft bag (Ebay)

Adhesives: Collall all purpose glue; foam pads

Tools & Supplies Christmas card: Create a Scene
Stamp: Crafters Companion Mulberry Wood Christmas Across the Miles stamp set (a NBUS set which I finally inked!)
                    
Miscellaneous Tools: heat gun; paint brushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water

Card Paper: Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Snow White Accents A4 card for base, stamped panel and snippets for die cutting

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Crafters Companion Perfectly Primary Spectrum Noir AquaTints; H2O ice blue paint; Versamark IP; WOW EP Black Twinkle

Embellishments: ribbon from my stash #; robin stickers (thank you Miss Pixie) #; AB glitter #

Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue; foam pads; Dreamweaver pearl embossing paste (to create the snow)

Tools & Supplies Christmas card: Pink & White
Stamp: Visible Image Snowflakes stamp set; sentiment from a Woodware Tree stamp set

Die Cutting Machine & Dies: Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Whimsy snowflake die; Marianne mini Poinsettia die set; Memory Box mini bow die

Miscellaneous Tools: heat gun; paint brushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water

Card Paper: Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Snow White Accents A4 card for base, stamped panel and snippets for die cutting

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Versamark IP; White EP #; two shades of pink H2O paints

Embellishments: brads #; AB glitter #; pink brads #; metallic silver pearls; clear snowflake gem  #; white mesh fabric #

Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue; Collall glue gel (for the mesh)



# VOS: very old stash, at least five years old

31 comments:

Maura Hibbitts said...

What a cute Christmas card, and so unexpected at this time of the year! The puppy is delightful in the snow. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges!

rachel said...

beautiful makes and so very well caught up karen! I really struggled with your theme but was very pleased with my result - but yours is a stunner - love it! Hugs rachel xx

Virginia Lu said...

Gorgeous creations! I love the dimensions and details in all of your bag decorations and card designs! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Favorite Products/Techniques” Challenge!

SmilynStef said...

What awesome inky fun ... so very glad you joined our 12 days of Cardstock at Jingle Belles.

SARN said...

Love them all . . . especially the last one! xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Well done on catching up with the challenges with these beautiful cards Karen, I'm sure it wouldn't have mattered if you'd missed a couple of themes but now you have a few more cards put aside for Christmas, so that's a bonus. A lovely theme this time making us all think out side of the box.
Lorraine

Christine Harrop said...

You have done a great job playing catch up and they are all great. Your pink card is really lovely, Christine x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Karen, well done for manageing to catch up with these fabulous cards, love them all.
Thank you for the pink and white callenge, I enjoyed being challenged, hugs Kate x

dutchess said...

lovely cards Karen and great that you have felt well enough to do some crafting...take care of yourself xxxx

scrappymo! said...

Looks wonderful! The white embossed snowflakes are so pretty and your whole pink card is lovely!

Your catch up cards are very sweet!

Mrs A. said...

All great cards but you are a master at Pink & white for Christmas.
Glad your feeling more up to crafting . Hugs Mrs A.

MaryH said...

Wow, Karen, you surely caught up with some fab projects! Love the pink & white that you've created for today's challenge. I have to confess that it took me a while, even though once I got started, the card came together. Just not what I had thought to do. It was a fun challenge, made me think - as pink is not a color that I reach for usually. (Probably because years ago, a colorist told me that Autumn colors worked best for me!). Thanks for a fun challenge, and hope you are feeling much better these days. I'm in the creating doldrums and just can't seem to get going. Happy week. Hugs

Gibmiss said...

Hi Karen
Hope you are well ... Yours cards are fabulous ... Didn't know you had changed your Blog name... Thanks for the Challenge...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work Karen. Thank you for your comments on my blog. I make my digital cards in publisher. It is easy to change the colour of an image. Just go to format the picture. You can also do it in Word.

brenda said...

You have been a busy bee Karen, some lovely pieces of work but my fav has to be the gorgeous inky pink creation, just lovely.

Many thanks for joining this weeks stamping theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Mynn Kitchen said...

GORGEOUS, Karen! I LOVE all the amazing textures on this card--and the colors are beautiful, too! Thank you so much for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Di said...

Great snippets card Karen! But then you knew I'd fall for the pink and bling :)

Hugs

Di xx

Kelly Deal said...

I love all of your beautiful Christmas creations Karen!

Carol said...

Three gorgeous creations Karen, love what you've made. Thanks for a great challenge this week. Carol x

Sheryl said...

My goodness you have been busy! Three fantastic projects, - my favourite is the scene. I love the glitter on the post box. Thanks for joining us at Natalie and Amy's challenge this month, hugs Sheryl xx

Zoe Tant said...

Well done for catching up you've been busy. All these are fabulous and I love your 'Pink' snow! Zx

lauren bergold said...

not only do i love all of these-- i mean really-- you had me at pink xmas, lol, what a gorgeous card! i also love that there was "VOS" involved, too (plus the acronym is pretty fab, i'll definitely be stealing it!) :) :) :) thanks for celebrating "the 12 days of cardstock" with us at JINGLE BELLES! <3

Jo Rice said...

Such gorgeous designs...and wow Pink my favourite colour...perfect for our Fussy and Fancy Challenge...thanks for sharing with us....hugs...Jo. X

Mervi said...

Fabulous creations!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts "stamp" Challenge,
good luck;-))m

Judy Corner said...

Lovely to see you joining in at Fussy & Fancy Friday and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT

Anne Temple said...

All of these projects look amazing. So glad you shared them with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

Hettie said...

What a lovely selection of Christmas cards you have made here. Love them all.
Hugs
xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 234 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for June - I'd love to see it there too. x

jonim52 said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions.

Nicola Jayne Saul said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place, Nicola X

Debs said...

gorgeous creations...thanks for sharing at That Craft Place..hugs Debs x